chapter 17: a girl named Kiri 'Rue' Xiuna (sounds familiar eh?)

Mesagi's POV

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Vanguard, Stand!"

"Little Knight, Ocen! (5000)"

"Blue Scud, Barcgal! (5000)"

"Oh aren't you the girl I bumped into?" I asked. "Oh yeah!" The girl replied.

"I'm Kiri Xiuna, though people tend to call me 'Rue'," she introduced herself.

"Got it. I'll go first," I told her and she nodded. "Draw and ride Wingal Youth! (7000) Barcgal goes to the back and end turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Soul: 0
XOX
OXX

Kiri
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Soul: 0
XOX
XXX

"Draw and ride, Teenage Knight, Ocen! (7000) Ocen goes to the back and I use Vanguard Ocen's skill. Discard a card and draw two cards. Now he attacks with Ocen's boost! (12000)"

"No guard!" I yelled out. "Drive trigger check. (Constellation Observer, critical) a critical trigger. All effects to my vanguard!" (17000, 2★)

"Damage check. (New Blaster Style, Llew) second. (Blaster Blade) no trigger."

"End turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 2
Soul: 0
XOX
OXX

Kiri
Hand: 8
Damage: 0
Soul: 0
XOX
XOX

"Draw and ride Aspire Painter! (9000) I call Lion Mane Stallion (4000) an boosted by Stallion, Aspire Painter attack! (13000)"

"No guard," she declared. "Drive check. (Margal, draw) draw trigger. Five thousand to my vanguard and draw."

"Damage check. (Charging Dragon) no trigger."

"End turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 6
Damage: 2
Soul: 1
XOX
OOX

Kiri
Hand: 8
Damage: 1
Soul: 0
XOX
XOX

"Stand and draw and ride Wingblade Knight, Rue! (10000) I call another Wingblade Knight, Rue (10000) and Retiring Knight, Ryas! (8000) now rear-guard Rue attacks first!"

"Guard with Margal! (Shield: 5000)" I declared. "Ah darn. Vanguard goes next! (10000)"

"No guard!" I replied. "Drive check. (Full Adult Knight, Ocen) no trigger."

"Damage check. (Yggdrasil Inheritor, Elaine, heal) heal trigger! Five thousand to my vanguard and heal!"

"Damn. If you didn't get the trigger I could've used Ryas' skill. End turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 2
Soul: 1
XOX
OOX

Kiri
Hand: 7
Damage: 1
Soul: 1
OOO
XOX

"Stand and draw.....I ride Blaster Blade Burst! (10000) I call Blaster Blade (9000) and Floral Paladin, Flogal! (4000) now Blaster Blade attacks Ryas! (9000)"

"No guard. Ryas retires," she said as she put Ryas from the battlefield into the drop zone.

"Now Blaster Blade Burst attacks! I use his skill. Counter blast 2 and he gets 9000 and 4000 from both Blaster Blade and Flogal! (23000)"

"...no guard," she declared. "Twin drive! (Nova Knight, Llew, critical) critical trigger! All effects to the Vanguard! Second. (Floral Paladin, Flogal, critical) critical trigger. All effect to vanguard!

"Damage check. (Young Adult Knight, Ocen) second. (Knight of Lost Armour, Josei) no trigger there too. Third (Alfred, The Origin)"

"End turn...I have a bad feeling about this...."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 2
Soul: 2
OOO
OOX

Kiri
Hand: 6
Damage: 4
Soul: 1
XOO
XOX

"Stand and draw. I ride Breaker Knight of Limits, Limut! (10000) I use Ocen's skill. Counter blast 1 and he goes to the soul. If there's a Grade 3 at the top three cards of the deck, then all of the three cards go to my hand and my vanguard gets 5000."

She went check the top 3 cards and she smirked. "Found it," she said, and showed me a card named 'Knight of Mate Legends, Hana 'P *R', a Grade 3.

"All of these cards go into my hand and Limut gets plus 5000! (Limut: 15000) I call two Knight of Criticism, Kor (5000) and Charging Dragon! (9000)"

"Now I activate Limut's Limit Break! I retire my two Kors and I get to superior call from the cards at the top of the deck!"

"And what luck! Superios call two Draco Knight, Luta (8000) and Knight of Chances, Shie. (4000) since the two Kors were retired, my vanguard gets 2 critical! (Limut: 15000, 3★) Prepared to get wrecked, mate!!"

"You're on!!" I yelled back. "Oh! it seems that these two are on pissing contest," the announcer yelled out.

"Boosted by Shie, Charging Dragon attacks! (13000)"

"Blaster Blade intercepts! (5000)" I yelled out. "Limut goes next! (15000, 3★)"

"Screw that! No guard!" I yelled out. "Twin drive! (Blaster Blade Origin) second (Mathematical Knight, Soppurt) no trigger."

"Damage check. (Blaster Blade Spirit) second (Margal, draw) draw trigger. Five thousand to my vanguard and draw. Third. (Yggdrasil Inheritor, Elaine, heal) heal trigger! Five thousand to my vanguard and heal! (VG: 20000)"

"You think that's it? Nope. I use Shie's skill! He goes into the soul and I check the top card."

She went and checked the top card. "What luck I have. A Grade 3," she said and I gulped.

"Superior Stride!! Bring the true meaning of 'Lock'! Corrupted Dragon, Pure Reverse Emblem! (25000) I use its skill. I retire all but the rear guard behind my vanguard and G-Persona Blast. I ulti-lock your two rear-guards!"

Suddenly Flogal and Barcgal were put in the lock phase. "Ah darn it!" I yelled out.

"Now boosted by Luta, my vanguard attacks! (32000)"

"Nullified with Epona!" I declared. "Ah damn you! Triple drive. (Knight of Origins, Arthur) second (Nostalgic Knight, Noa) third. (Next Knight, The Next) damn end turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 4
Damage: 4
Soul: 2
XOL
LOX

Kiri
Hand: 11 (Now that is the stupidest amount of cards I've ever typed in my entire life)
Damage: 4
Soul: 3
XOX
XOX

"Stand and draw. I ride Blaster Blade Exceed! (11000) Generation Stride! Holy Divine Knight, Gancelot Peace Saver! (26000) I use his skill. Counter charge 1 and Gancelot gets plus one drive!"

And I use Blaster Blade Exceed's skill! Counter blast one and superior call Blaster Blade! (9000) Gancelot attacks first with the boost from Stallion! (30000)"

"Nullified with Wall Knight, Nat!" She exclaimed. "Ah darn it! Triple drive! (Nova Knight, Llew, critical) critical trigger. All effects to Blaster Blade. Second. (Yggdrasil Inheritor, Elaine) heal trigger. Five thousand to Blaster Blade and heal. Third. (Little Tactician, Marron) fourth. (Bringer of Divine Grace, Epona). No trigger. Blaster Blade attacks! (19000, 2★)"

"Guard with Constellation Observer! (20000)" she exclaimed.

To be continued....