chapter 23: Going Towards Card Town

"Okay everyone. We'll continue and finish the tournament tomorrow. We promise you that," the announcer said out.

"Huh. . . Honestly, those were really good competitors. I still wanna know who could beat me in Vanguard," Sekkutsu said as well.

"We'll wrap it up for today, everyone!!" Mr. Kagurai said. Mesagi heaved a sigh, and brought out a smile onto his face.

"Can we go home?" He asked.

"Sure!" Mr. Kagurai replied. He then looked at En Chyn and Shouri, who nodded as well, yawning.

"It's not even night time, yet all of you are sleepy?" Mesagi asked.

"We're human beings," En Chyn replied.

"Oh yeah. Right."

"Let's go."

. . . . . . .

They now reached Mesagi's house. It's not really that far from Rainbow Road, so it was kinda easy. He then walked into the house, and he only saw Megu, who was stuffing her face with rice. She likes eating rice. She also likes ice cream. Getting off topic now.

"Nee-chan, why aren't our parents back home yet?" Mesagi asked his older sister.

"Work, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Yeah. . . I'll be in my room."

"Mesagi, I found your Oracle Think Tank deck. It's on your desk."

"Really?! Thanks!!"

"Expect some modifications, too!!"

Mesagi closed the door and he saw a deck box right in front of him. He took it and soon enough, he saw his Oracle Think Tank deck, which consists of the Battle Sisters sub-clan. He was honestly surprised to see that there were changes to his deck. Not that he minded, of course.

Mesagi went out of his room, both his (borrowed) Royal Paladin and modified Oracle Think Tank in different deck boxes.

"Oh, Mesagi?"

"Yeah sis."

"C'mon down. I got something for you."

Mesagi walked down to the living room. When he reached there, he saw Megu holding onto 5 cards. They all seemed like normal units from the back.

"Uh, yeah?"

"I watched your tournament. You weren't bad. Here. Maybe these cards can help you improve."

Megu gave him the five cards and Mesagi could only say: "whoa."

"I know, right? Found a few of them out of a cereal box, and the others were just hanging around the storage room."

Mesagi gave a smile.

"Thanks. Well, I gotta go try it out."

"Alright. Be careful."

As Mesagi went to open the door, he heard knocking. Mesagi opened the door and saw Lucine.

"Oh, Lucine! What's up?"

"Just wanna say congrats on going to the quarter-finals."

"Ah. Hey, Lucine, can you do me a favour?"

"What would that be?"

"Can you bring me to Card Town?"

"Sure! What a coincident, since I wanted to go there with you."

"Alright! Let's go then!"

. . . . . . . . . .

"Welcome!" The teenager, female, at the entrance said to the duo. When they got in, they were not surprised that there were little changes.

"Do we have new members for today?" Lucine asked the man at the counter nearby.

"Yes we do. Only one though," the man replied.

"That's good enough. Bring us to him. . . Or her."

"Okay."

. . . . . . .

"Yo Sakana, you have a challenger," the man said to a boy with silver hair, wearing a pair of headphones around his neck.

"Who would that be?" Yo asked, opening his eyes, revealing his cold blue eyes.

Lucine pushed Mesagi forward, as it was him that asked if he could cardfight anyone in Card Town on their way to Card Town.

"It's me."

"You seem a little weak."

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

"Okay then. Let's cardfight."