Final Chapter: Epilogue of A Battle

"Oh. . ." I closed my eyes, awaiting the pain or something to happen. But it didn't. I slowly opened my eyes, and I saw Hizu smiling.

"Nice battle," he said. Huh?

"Wait, you're not Reversed?" I asked, confused.

"Huh? Me? Reversed? What's Reversed?" He asked back.

'Is he really clueless?!' I thought. I then heard the door that leads to the rooftop open, revealing Shouri.

"We got all the Reversed, Mesagi. . . . Is that guy the mastermind?" Shouri asked.

"No. . . . He doesn't even know what Reversed is," I stated.

"So who started the Reverse here?" Shouri wondered.

"Is a Reversed person obvious to be recognised?" Hizu asked.

"Yeah. They have red marks below their eyes," I told him.

"Huh. If I remember correctly, there was the girl in the Blaster Dark suit who had the marks," he said. Me and Shouri looked at each other.

"Don't worry. I beaten her. She was grouped up with the others," Shouri said.

"I see. Should we go?" I asked, looking at Hizu. He recognised the look, and soon shook his head.

"Nah. You guys go on. I'm retiring from vanguard anyway," Hizu said, before turning his back to us, as if indicating that he didn't want to talk to us anymore. Understanding what he want, I left the rooftop with Shouri.

A few weeks later. . . .

"Congratulations on getting a girlfriend, Shouri! And she's older than you!" En Chyn said happily. Shouri's left arm was wrapped by Chihaya. Chihaya must be a snake or something.

"He~y, Shou-cchi. When will we begin our first night together in bed?" She asked seductively to Shouri, who became a blushing mess. I just gave a small smile, before heaving a happy sigh. I looked at the watch hung in the clubroom. It said 12:30.

'4 more hours, huh. . .'

Me, En Chyn and Shouri didn't win the school vanguard tournament. We got second place, which was still good of an achievement. Even our clubmates were satisfied with our performance, and that was enough to make me happy.

Also, Shouri and Chihaya are together, too. Chihaya told me that she found someone more interesting, and I was fine with that. I didn't really expect her to go for Shouri, the guy who would most likely dump a relationship, rather than getting dumped. Surprisingly, their relationship actually stuck, and now they said that they were planning to have an 'early marriage', or at least that was what Chihaya told me.

En Chyn and Feng Ten are together too.

Me? Well. . . . You can say I'm planning to distance myself from girls for the time being. With love being in the air in the clubroom, it made feel nauseous. I quickly left the clubroom and headed straight towards the rooftop. I felt very comfortable there.

Upon my arrival there, the gentle wind blew into my face, reminding me of the peaceful times. I leaned against the railings, staring at the city laid out in front of me.

'3 hours and 45 minutes left.'

. . . . . .

'3 hours 15 minutes remaining.'

I had bonding time with my parents. It was 1:45 pm. They were crying, and I knew why.

An annoying cat just destroyed our mouse's cage. Where'd the mouse go, none of us know. I went to actually find everyone and meet them at one spot.

. . . . . . . .

'2 hours left.'

Here I stood in front of everyone, as I smiled.

Shouri was with Chihaya, as always, but he seemed a little bit more happier with Chihaya around.

Aka was crossing her arms across her chest, waiting for me to say something.

En Chyn had a small smile, holding onto a blushing Feng Ten's hand.

Lucine was doing magic tricks to Sekkutsu, which actually fooled the older male.

Kairi and her team arrived earlier than any of them, as Kairi cut her mask in half, revealing her mouth and nose. She had a genuine smile on her face. So were her other teammates.

How could I ever forget Shin Rae Kyung, the person who's now the proud leader of the Vanguard Club?

For some reason, I can see silhouettes of my avatars, too. Monaka and Exculpate.

I gave out a cough for them to pay attention to me. They did. I took a deep breath, and began my speech.

"Thanks for being with me, even if the time spent between us was minor or major. After all I've been through, I finally found people I can truly trust. All of you are, and I'm happy that I can be with everyone," I said, giving out only a small speech. They nodded and I let them do whatever shenanigans that they had wanted.

. . . . . . . .

'One minute left. . . .'

I took a deep breath. Here it was. The time of my life. . . I think. I shook my head quickly.

"I gotta focus. . ."

I walked towards the hill near the town. It was lush green, full of plant life. Mostly small, though. I then laid down on the grass, looking up into the sky. I looked at my watch, and saw that I had 10 seconds left.

'Meh. They'll all be waiting anyway,' I thought, closing my eyes.

7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

0.