chapter 18: the God of Royal Paladin

3rd Person POV

"End turn...."

Mesagi
Hand: 7
Damage: 4
Soul: 3
OOL
LOX

Kiri
Hand: 8
Damage: 4
Soul: 2
XOX
XOX

"Stand and draw. Alright then...." she took out a card. "Bring the the true justice to the battlefield! Cross Ride! Pure Reversal Dragon, Gigant Breath Dragon! (11000)"

"I use its skill. I retire Luta from the rear guard circle, and discard a card. All units have been unlocked, but at the end of turn, they must be retired!" She declared.

"Ah man. I knew something was fishy," Mesagi muttered. "Now I call Bladecharge Knight, Tequa (10000) and for every rear-guard you have, she gets plus 3000!" (Tequa: 22000)

"And since I have only one rear-guard, Gigant Breath Dragon gets plus 10000 and critical!" (21000, 2★)

"And now Gigant Breath Dragon attacks!" She declared. "Could this be the end?" The announcer yelled out.

"Nah. No way," Sekkutsu replied. "Nullified with Epona!" Mesagi yelled out.

"Ah darn. Twin drive. (Dragon healing Knight, Yuore, heal) heal trigger. Five thousand to Tequa and heal. Second. (Full Adult Knight, Ocen) no trigger. Now Tequa attacks!" (27000)

"No guard. Damage check. (Little Tactician, Marron) no trigger."

"End turn. Man you hold out pretty well."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 5
Soul: 3
OOX
XOX

Kiri
Hand: 8
Damage: 3
Soul: 3
XOO
XXX

"Stand and draw..." Mesagi took a deep breath. "I ride Demon Slaying Knight, Lohengrin! (10000) I call Dream Painter (6000) and Knight Of Explosive Axe, Gornement (10000) and I use Dream Painter's skill. A card in my hand goes into the soul and I use Lohengrin's skill. Soul charge as well and he gets plus 2000!"

"Now boosted by Stallion, Lohengrin attacks! (16000)" he declared.

"No guard!" She said rather confidently. "Twin drive! (Yggdrasil Inheritor, Elaine, heal) a third heal. Five thousand to Lohengrin and heal. Second. (Margal, draw) draw trigger. Five thousand to Lohengrin and draw."

"Damage check. (Young Adult Knight, Ocen) no trigger."

"End turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 5
Damage: 4
Soul: 6
XOX
OOO

Kiri
Hand: 8
Damage: 4
Soul: 3
XOO
XXX

"Stand and draw. Well it was fun. Best we end this now," she said, and he narrowed my eyes.

"Generation Stride, my avatar! Knight of Paladins, Wan! (26000) I call Full Adult Knight, Ocen, (11000), Luta (8000) and two Ocens (7000) and now Wan attacks with the boost from Luta!

"....no guard," he declared. Mainly because he does not have enough cards to use to defend.

"Triple drive. (Lone Wolf Knight, Shona, stand) ah darn. This was useless. Five thousand to Tequa. Second. (Stobium Knight, Mait) third (Blue Knight, Hart)"

"Damage check. (Margal, draw) draw trigger. Five thousand to my vanguard and draw."

"Tequa attacks with boost from Ocen! (34000)"

"I nullify with Epona!" Mesagi yelled out.

"Boosted by Ocen, frontal Ocen attacks! (18000)

"Guard with Flogal!"

"You're really desperate to win huh? End turn."

Mesagi
Hand: 3
Damage: 5
Soul: 6
XOX
OOO

Kiri
Hand: 7
Damage: 4
Soul: 3
OOO
OOO

"Stand and draw..." Mesagi suddenly feel on low confidence. "Just give up, will you?" She said, smirking.

"Looks like Mesagi is about to yield the cardfight!" The announcer yells out.

"Oh wow. After cardfighting for so long, must be taking a toll on himself," Sekkutsu said.

"MESAGI!! DON'T GIVE UP, DAMNIT!!" Aka's voice rang out and when Mesagi looked at the audience, it shows the whole members of Vanguard Club cheering him on.

"You can do this, Mesagi!! Use Hiyoku's deck to good use, damnit!!" Aka continued yelling.

"Looks like the crowds are giving support to Mesagi. Ain't this interesting?" The announcer asked. "Certainly is," Sekkutsu replied.

Mesagi smiled at them. "Thanks," he muttered, before taking out a card and taking a deep breath.

"Come to me, the God of Royal Paladin!! Cross-Ride!!! Exculpate, the Blaster!! (12000)"

"I activate its skill! Counter blast 3 and it battles all of your units in one attack!!"

"Wait, you're saying that Exculpate attacks all of my units?" She asked.

"Yep. Even if you managed to guard, your rear-guards are retired!" Mesagi said, smiling.

"Now Gornement goes front and I call two Aspire Painter (9000) and I use their skill. Since my vanguard has 'Blaster' in its card name, I choose to soul charge, and both gets plus 3000!" (Aspire Painter: 12000)

"Psh, so what? The Aspire Painter you put at the back is really useless," she said.

"That's when Gornement's skill comes in. Since I rode a Grade 3, Gornement gets plus 10000! (Gornement: 20000)"

"So that's why you put Gornement at the back! So I can't attack it for the next turn!" She said, gritting her teeth.

"That's right. Now boosted by Dream Painter, Aspire Painter attacks! (18000)"

"Guard with Yuore! (21000)" she declared. "Okay then. Hope you're getting ready."

"Boosted by Stallion, Exculpate attacks! I use its skill. Soul blast all cards in my soul, except for Blaster Blade Exceed, and for every card I soul blasted, Exculpate gets plus 2000! Since I soul blasted 7, Exculpate gets plus 14000!!" (30000)

"Oh wow! The skill alone is enough to rival against a G unit!!" The announcer yelled out.

"N....no guard," she said. "Twin drive. (Margal, draw) draw trigger. Five thousand to Gornement and draw. Second. (Nova Knight, Llew, critical) critical trigger. Five thousand to Gornement and critical stays to vanguard! (Gornement: 30000, Exculpate: 34000, 2★)"

"N-no way....damage check. (Charging Dragon) second (Lone Wolf Knight, Shona) I....lost...."

"THE WINNER IS KIMERARETAON MESAGI!!!" The announcer yelled out as everyone cheered.

Mesagi gave out tired smile. "Playing this long sure does tire someone like me," Mesagi said, panting.

"Hey, KRX," Mesagi said to Kiri, who finished packing her cards together.

"I like you!" Mesagi said out of nowhere and everyone went silent as Mesagi went packing his cards.

When he went back to En Chyn and Shouri, who was busy with strategies before Mesagi just blurt 'it' out of the blue.

"Good job there," En Chyn said. "Thanks," Mesagi replied. "And nice confession too," Shouri said.

"What? I like her as a friend," Mesagi said, and everyone face palmed. 'You fagging idiot,' both En Chyn and Shouri thought.

Yeah boyee!! Paladin Origin now gets more support!! Now I'm wondering if I should bring along Future Paladin...............