Peacekeeper Training

I arrived early at the training school on a Monday morning I was one of the first here. The corridors were empty and I could hear each step echo down the long halls, it smelt like my dad's office. Memories flooded into my mind of all the times I had sat in my dad's office spinning his chair and playing with all of his desk equipment. He always told me all the exciting stories of catching the baddies and I thought he was my hero.

I felt my stomach start to flutter with nerves, as I reached the reception, a lady with a long black hair and a very serious looking face greeted me

"Hello, are you a recruit?"

"Yes, my name is Alex Anderson I'm here for the peacekeeping training,"

"Welcome, I need your wrist please so I can scan you in. Here are your room number and lesson plans for the next 6 months."

The peacekeeper training was the most intense and shortest apprenticeship, my brother had to do two years in firefighting but peacekeepers learned quickly on the job. You had to be strong, athletic, determined and well educated. It was also one of the most dangerous jobs in today's society.

The lady grabbed my wrist and scanned it through a funny looking machine I had never seen before. The machine made a funny buzzing noise then pinged. Funny, I had never really thought about what other functions my tattoo/chip could do apart from opening doors and countdown days. We were discouraged at school to talk about it. At home, I could get into my apartment with my wrist too, and I never really knew how it worked?

The lady plonked a massive disk drive into my hands and told me my room number I wondered who my roommate would be?

"Okay, 20103..... This disk drive has all your information you will need and assignments read over it tonight and be ready at 7 am sharp for your first day."

I walked up a few long corridors until I reached number 82, nervously I held my wrist up to the door lock and a light went green and the door opened, there was no one else in the room, I was first, I let out a sigh of relief.

The room was big with two beds and two desks, a TV and some weights and a pull-up bar. The bathroom was small and uniforms were laid out ready on the beds. I started unpacking my belongings and smiled as I pulled out the photo frame of my family. Suddenly I heard the door beeping and there stood my new roommate.

"Hi, my name is Zoe, thought I would be first,"

"Hello, I'm Alex nice to meet you, Where are you from?"

"I'm from Division 1 what about you?"

"I'm from Division 5, I'm just unpacking, do you fancy going for a nosy round after we have finished?"

"Definitely,"

Zoe was taller than me and had a figure to die for. Her hair was dark and in a neat braid going around her head in a circle, I could see she took care of her appearance. I would consider myself as a natural beauty, I don't like to wear a lot of makeup or spend all my time looking at my self. I wouldn't say I have low self-confidence, I just don't care.

I wasn't very confident when it came to my looks even though I knew I wasn't hideous or anything. People have told me my eyes are the most attractive quality I have. They are a funny kind of green colour, my Mum calls them emerald green. My hair is a chocolate brown colour and mid-length. I have the pale English completion because I have never left this country but I don't mind it.

Ollie says my eyes read people's thoughts like if someone looks into them I hypnotize them with my big green eyes.

Zoe had far too many bags and makeup. I watched her as she tidied her belongings away as I had finished mine ages ago. I wondered why she was here. Joining the peacekeeper school and not hairdressing school? I laughed to myself.