Escape

We crawled the opposite way this time, crawling as fast as we could through the narrow metal ventilation pipes. We weren't sure how long it would take until they would notice we had escaped.

I wanted to find out more about these people how they knew everything.

We tried to move silently gliding along, we could hear voices as we slid past air vents the metal was cold against my legs and my skirt kept hiking up in all the wrong places making it a lot more complicated than it needed to be. I was glad I didn't mind small spaces.

We had reached the end where we would have to jump down and find the quickest way out. The room below was quiet and looked important like some sort of tech room. I kicked the air vent and we both climbed down and tiptoed silently to make sure the room was empty. A very large screen stood in front of us with thousands of moving green dots it looked like a large map of the city.

"What on earth is this?"

Mia looked at me with a concerned face

"I will explain when we are out of here,"

"Wait! If these green dots are people then one of them could be me if I run they will just find me, what's the point?" I banged my hand against the screen in anger.

"Not if we delay them" Mia took a fire extinguisher and hit the base of the computer with all her might, it took a few attempts until it started smoking and an alarm sounded.

"I think it's broken, Mia!" Mia looked furious as she pounded the computer repeatedly.

"Run!"

We ran out of the room and straight toward the nearest window it was dark outside, we were only on the second floor.

"Let's jump out of the window" I ran and pressed the button on the window to open but it wouldn't recognize my fingerprint.

"Grab that fire extinguisher again" I smashed it a few times until the window broke and shards of glass flew down all over my feet we both looked out of the window it faced down onto a small alley with some dumpsters.

We took a chance and jumped as we fell through the air I didn't care how much it would hurt just as long as could get out of here.

I landed on top of the large plastic container and the pain travelled up through my feet and into my spine, the pain was immense I held my tears in and fought the pain.

"Mia are you okay?"I searched for where she had landed.

Mia was hanging off the side of the large bin I quickly jumped down and slung her onto my back she was unconscious. With the pain coursing through my body and the weight of Mia I was glad of all the training I had been doing. I was surprised how much weight I could carry. The adrenaline helped me to not focus on the pain and carry Mia.

I tried to get my bearings of where we were but I had no idea. I looked ahead and I could see some kind of old ruins so I headed towards it as fast as I could, I wouldn't be able to get too far carrying someone on my back.

I quickly placed Mia down on the ground and hid behind the ruins. I could see Vehicles flying off from the officials building and I could hear the alarm. I sat back and took a deep breath trying not to have a meltdown.

My eyes watered as I tried to control my feelings what am I going to do where are we? I looked over to Mia to make sure she was breathing and scanned her for any obvious injuries. Without my C-Band, I wouldn't know?

Mia started to come round. "Where are we?"

"You hurt yourself when we jumped Mia we are just over from the building it's some kind of old ruins."