Memory

The day after the wedding it was back to work, we patrolled the streets again being assessed on how quick we react and if we did things by procedure.

We would have to pass combat training, shooting and street work then a final test on computers that scanned your thoughts and reactions then you could graduate. I was confident I would pass shooting and combat but I wasn't looking forward to the rest.

I was teamed up with Andrews again I hadn't really talked to him since the kiss as I felt awkward and angry, angry that he hadn't been honest with me.

We patrolled division 5 which gave me the creeps and the bar Where I been snatched by the officials I was waiting for trouble. I was nervous knowing the officials were after me as we patrolled I looked around nervously.

"It's ok Anderson you're safe with me, I won't let anything happen to you anyway what's wrong with you? You're not your usual chatty self,"

"Nothing, I'm fine just trying to concentrate sir I've got a busy week with graduation this week,"

"Yes you have, I'm sure you will ace them all Anderson, you have learnt from the best,"

"HA HA, well if I fail I will be coming to blame you then Andrews you can get me a job somewhere?"

"But on a serious note, can I ask you something personal sir?"

"Yes shoot?"

"What do you think about the Officials you have never really spoken much on the subject?"

"Officials, I hate them, Anderson, look what they did to you they just snatched you away without a reason and don't get me started on these wrist tattoos, I think there is a lot we don't even know about? I wish the peacekeepers could run this city on their own we would do a much better job," I looked at him surprised,

"Really, wow I didn't know we had so much in common sir? I totally agree,"

We both giggled and Andrews turned and faced me with his piercing blue eyes staring at me. Every time I looked at his face I found something new, something I hadn't noticed before.

His eyes were blue but with specks of gold that twinkled at me and in that moment I just forgot all my troubles and in that moment I felt safe.

Why did I always feel like this around him? I needed to just keep it simple between us after all he could be married, but why was it so hard. I didn't have the courage to ask him I thought about it but I couldn't find the courage, I would always walk away, its what I was good at.

After a busy day, it was time to revise, I looked at my C-Band and I had 5 missed calls from my mum. I wasn't ready to open up to her yet.

I needed to get ready for the big test I only had a couple of days left to prepare the higher the score the better assignment you got when you left training.

I daydreamed about getting a top score and being placed in the highest secret form of peacekeepers.

After a few hours of revision, I went for a run. I had my regular route near the big fence that protected the city from outsiders and wild animals.

Humans had mistreated the earth for so many years there were only three cities left in the UK the rest were small villages which were all wrecked and ruined by looters and bad people the kind you didn't want living in the cities.

We had a peacekeeping team that ran security around the three cities, so I could be assigned to any of the cities. The wild animals were dangerous too not many people would walk outside the city gates as you wouldn't make it very far.