Undercover

As I walked down to the canteen, I felt as though everyone was staring at me. So I had a few cuts and bruises like no one had ever seen a girl beaten up before?

I caught Warren in the corner of my eye looking concerned, just when I could take a proper look he was stood right in front of me. I nearly dropped my breakfast all over him.

"Hi, Alex are you okay I heard all about your adventure yesterday. I bet you kicked his butt!"

"Thanks, Warren, let's say I got a few good hits in there but it was scary,"

Warren insisted I sit with him to eat my breakfast so I could tell him in great detail last night's events. Zoe sat across the table with a big smirk on her face as she made kisses with her lips and mocking Warren behind him, Zoe thinks Warren likes me but he's too shy to tell me so she makes her own little digs most days.

I think secretly Zoe likes him she always acted funny around him different to when she was around other guys. She was so confident around men but with Warren, she was a mess.

I started to feel at home as I sat there eating my scrambled eggs and drinking my cold coffee with all of my friends.

Just as I was relaxing and forgetting what had happened Sergeant Andrews came in looking his serious self.

"Come on Anderson.... drink faster we are off to division 5 again," I nearly snorted my coffee everywhere as I stood up swiftly

"Yes, sir,"

The others laughed as I followed him like a lost puppy.

"Okay, Anderson we have been called back to help with this case, so just watch me and don't wander off this time, do you think you can handle that?"

"Yes, sir,"

As we reached division 5 and walked through the back door again, I could tell something was different there were more people around all dressed in smart suits as soon as I saw they were all blue I knew it was the Officials. We were told to wait in one of the interrogation rooms.

"What's going on, sir, does this usually happen?"

"No Anderson it doesn't, I have no idea? It seems when you are with me things seem to go very wrong, it's probably because the dead man we found was an official so I can imagine they want to take over the investigation or be involved,"

A man in a grey suit entered the room, he was older looking and his hair was all slicked back.

"Hello, Andrews and Anderson I bet you are wondering why you are here? The man you found dead yesterday was an official as you well know, he is not the first one we have found dead, it seems there is some kind of resistance and they are trying to kill all the government officials one by one.

The other man who attacked you was one of them he's the first real lead we have. Because you were both first on the scene we thought we would offer you the opportunity to help us and join our team, it will be hard work and you will be closely watched?"

"Anderson is only a rookie sir, I don't think she's ready, this isn't normal procedure sir,"

"Well Andrews this has never happened before so we are in new territory, all those people out there are officials and they want us, the peacekeepers to do something about this problem. So Anderson what do you think?"

"Well If I can help in any way sir I want to, but like Sergeant Andrews said I want to follow the rules if rookies are not allowed then I shouldn't,"

"Alex if I may call you that? We have had our eye on you, you are top of the class and I think you are capable. So the nightclub where the dead body was found is the only link to the man we have in custody so it's going to mean you and Andrews have to go undercover as a bar worker and waitress, it will look better if there are a male and female.

We have a source that reported secret meetings there. I will put things in motion, be prepared to start your new assignment tomorrow night. I will give you all the details. Welcome to the team," I looked wide-eyed over at Andrews who looked as shocked as I did.

I couldn't believe I was going to go undercover after only being in training for three and a half months. I was surprised to hear they had been watching me why because my father was a peacekeeper? Andrews and I got briefed for the rest of the afternoon then as I returned to training school we had target practice.

I couldn't tell any of my friends about the case even though they were all asking me loads of questions. Why was I so late where had I been, I managed to make some story up they believed with Andrew's help?