C-flix and chill

Sunday night arrived and Zoe and I didn't feel like going out anywhere we stayed in our PJ's and watched some vintage films on C-flix.

"It's your turn to get the popcorn, Zoe,"

"Okay Okay, I'm going Alex,"

The doorbell rang I ran straight to Zoe "Are you expecting someone Zoe?"

"No, what about you?"

"No, let's not panic." We both ran to the door monitor to see who it was.

"Amanda!" We both shouted at the same time.

"What does your boss want Alex?

"I have no idea Zoe, but let's not leave her out in the rain for much longer."

I buzzed her in and waited at the top of the stairs.

"Hi Kat, sorry to disturb your Sunday night I just had to talk to you,"

She was being awfully nice. Amanda looked like a drowned rat her hair was in her usual tight ponytail and she was wearing her smart business like clothes.

"Come in Amanda, have you met my sister? Chloe,"

"Yes, I think I've seen you at work at the front door?"

"Hi, Amanda yes I'm on security,"

"Well nice to meet you properly, what are you both wearing?"

"We are just having a movie night in our PJ's,"

"Oh well, I feel overdressed in my soaking clothes,"

"Well come with me" I grabbed Amanda by the hand and took her to my bedroom.

"This is your bedroom? It's small and very plain,"

"Yes, just the way I like it,"

"Here we go put these on these are my best PJ's, they might be a bit big for you because you're skinny but they should fit,"

"You want me to wear these? I've never worn pyjamas before,"

"Well, it's better than your soaking wet clothes?"

"Thanks, Kat do you go to the gym or something? You are so toned what's your secret!"

"I run, every day and lift weights,"

"I thought so, if I'm being honest I lied to you,"

"About what," I sat on my bed and listened.

"I didn't really need to talk to you about anything tonight, I just wanted to come and see where you lived and what you would be doing,"

"So you just wanted to hang?"

"Hang, what do you mean?"

"Well, when you have friends you just like to be with them and spend time together doing things, Like watching movies in pyjamas,"

"Well if that's what they call it then yes," Amanda was being honest, and I liked it.

"Come on then, the popcorn is waiting Kat and Amanda," Zoe shouted at us from the living room.

Amanda was a bit awkward at first but after a while, she seemed to relax and she was the Amanda I knew now, not the office one.

"Did your sister tell you about her soul mate we found out who it was?"

"Yes she did and funnily enough we met him in person yesterday,"

"What, Really,"

"Yes we went out for the day and ended up at the bar near the river and there was a fight and he came and sorted it out, he looked just like his brother it was weird,"

"I wish his stupid brother hadn't got arrested,"

"Why did he exactly Kat never told me?" I could tell Zoe was trying to fish for information from Amanda but not very subtly.

"Yeah, his brother was a peacekeeper, so that's strange,"

"Turns out he was with a rebel group the resistance, the officials had been watching him for a while, such a shame I wish I had never looked. He was helping to hack our system. My father says I will get matched with the 99 percent match next. Like a second best,"

"Did you have a look who it will be again?"

"No, I didn't want the same happening again,"

"Yeh I don't blame you, I don't know if I would want to know!"

"I can sort it for you, Chloe? If you want to find out,"

"No it's ok thanks I think I will wait,"

We Laughed and enjoyed watching the rest of our movie with Amanda she seemed to enjoy herself.