Suprise

The next morning I tried to get some more information from Amanda about Finley.

"Good morning Boss, how is your coffee?" I gave her a teethe smile.

"Very good as usual Kat, I wanted to have a talk with you today come in and close the door," Amanda looked happy so I wasn't too worried.

"I think it's about time we give you a better position, you have proven you are very capable. I've spoken to my father, and he agrees I'm going to make you assistant of Official financial services,"

"Wow thank you, Amanda I will not let you down,"

"You can have the office next to mine. You start your new job tomorrow I think drinks are in order tonight to celebrate? Maybe you could invite Tyler? He can meet the boss,"

"Yes, ok great idea,"

"Well then, message him now" I opened my screen on my C-band and left a screen video message since I knew he hated texts.

I made sure I looked decent.

"Hi Tyler, I have just been promoted at work. I'm out for drinks tonight at that bar we first met. Join us after 8pm. hopefully see you there,"

"It won't be too strange for you Amanda both looking so similar reminding you of him,"

"Don't be silly, I'm totally over him I only have four days left until I'm at zero,"

"That's great news, we can double date maybe?"

"Maybe anyway here is a list of jobs that need doing before the end of the day one of them is finding a new intern,"

"Yes, Amanda I will get straight on it,"

I couldn't believe my luck Clarkson will be happy. Hopefully, I can get a higher security clearance. I was nervous about seeing Tyler I hadn't seen him since our last disastrous date.

I sent Zoe a quick text to tell her the good news and invite her tonight.

I finished my Jobs and left to grab some food on the way home for our night out.

"Hey, Zoe did you get my message?"

"Hey Alex, I certainly did. I have already laid our outfits out we just need to eat then get ready," I walked into my bedroom quickly to see what Zoe had the laid out for me.

"The black dress from my brother's wedding,"

"Yes, it's about time you wear that again, Tyler will love it"

"That's totally the opposite of what I want to do Zoe, I don't want to attract Tyler, this is all wrong"

"its ok you will be a little bit of eye candy and it will help him to see the rewards of being patient, once your married"

"You are funny Zoe you always know how to make me laugh,"She winked at me.

Zoe and I stood leaning against the bar in our little black dresses looking like we belonged in the bar tonight, with all the high flyers and bankers.

Amanda joined us and we got a big table. I kept scanning the room waiting for Tyler, moments later Tyler stood in a green shirt searching the room for me, I stood up to wave him over.

"Hey Kat, wow you look amazing tonight congratulations on the promotion,"

"Thank you, you remember my sister Chloe? And this is Amanda my boss and friend" I smiled at her, she was sat staring at Tyler lost for words all she could muster was Hi.