Super Girl

3 am, I woke myself with a bad dream, sweat was dripping from me. I had just realized I was jealous. I couldn't bear the thought of Andrews being married or being with anybody else. I couldn't understand why.

In the morning I skipped breakfast in the canteen and got Zoe to fetch some for us, I didn't want all the questions and fuss. As we sat eating toast, the com device that Mia's dad gave me made a funny beeping noise, I looked at Zoe and she looked back at me,

"Answer it then,"

I had no clue how to work the thing it was ancient I held it up and just pressed the buttons

"Alex.... Alex.... can you hear me? It's John Mia's father, you need to hold the button down when you speak back,"

"Hello, is it working? It's Alex,"

"Yes receiving, I take it you got back safely Mia was concerned?"

"Yes I did, tell her I say hello. I do need your help my roommate knows about everything and she wants in, she wants to join us,"

"That's why I got in contact Alex we need your help to win more people over, try to get some people to join us, only people you trust, if we ever want to beat the Officials we need as many people as we can get. I will send Doc to you for help with your friend's tattoo's to remove the chips,"

"Thank you, John, yes I will try to spread the word discreetly it might take time to win people around and gain trust but I will try my best,"

"Okay Doc will be outside the training school tonight look out for him at 22:00 hours tonight over and out,"

Andrews put me on light duties at the training school so I had to do cleaning and sorting for the day while my friends went out on the streets. I didn't mind as my head wasn't in the right place yet, not after what I had just been through.

The school had informed my parents I was safe, but they didn't tell them all the details as it was an undercover case. They rang me on my new issue watch, I still felt funny talking to them I didn't know if it was safe or if the officials were listening or even controlling them. I hated every minute of it and just wished I could help them.

That night Zoe and I went for a walk just before 22:00 hours to meet Doc. I could spot Doc from a mile off he wasn't very good at blending in. We discreetly took Doc into our room so he could work on Zoe's tattoo.

While they were busy, I went and talked to Warren in his room he was so happy to see me.

"Is your roommate here?" I looked around warrens room.

"No, come in Alex you don't know how glad I am to see your face, come here," Warren gave me a big bear hug that became awkward as he wouldn't let go.

"Glad to see you to Warren I missed you, you big goof," I pushed him back.

I grabbed his wrist to get a look at his tattoo, 434 days left on his clock. I was glad Warren's hadn't run out yet, and I still had a chance to help him. I sat down with him and told him all I knew his reaction made me smile.

" You're just awesome Alex you're like Supergirl, no wonder I love you so much" Warren was almost shocked at himself that the words flowed out of his mouth so freely if Officials were listening you could get into trouble for saying I love you to someone you were not paired with. He had already got us into trouble before.

I quickly covered his mouth with my hand. "Shush Warren you are going to get us into trouble again,"

Warren turned red and tried to change the subject.