Offical courtship guide

"Was that your date ringing?"

"Yes, he is picking me up tonight,"

"I'm excited for you and jealous at the same time, he's such a good-looking man you can finish early tonight then if you want,"

"Really, that's nice of you,"

"It's in the Official code of conduct, actually. An employer must give time off for dates according to the courtship guidebook,"

"Oh well, that's good to know I will have to read up on all these dates and courtship guidebook,"

"You should have received your book by now? Go home and read it before tonight so you know what is going to happen,"

"No, I haven't?"

"I will make a call for you wait there" Amanda went back in her office and then moments later she returned smiling.

"It's being forwarded to you as we speak, usually everyone receives the book on the day you meet your Soulmate something must've gone wrong. Never mind you will have it soon,"

I left work and walked by the river back to the apartment, a loud ping went off on my C-band

Official courtship guide for Soulmates....

Great, it's here.

I wasn't looking forward to any of this. After a quick shower, I opened the book on my C-band, I was intrigued to find out what rubbish would be in this book. I made a cup of tea to help me get through reading this messed up book.

All rules must be followed in corresponding order...

1. Read profile

2. First date (getting to know each other)

3. A dinner date.

Are they joking? This is crazy, it's like we are robots. I can't do this I think I just vomited a little.

4. Now that you have become closer, an overnight stay chaperoned by a Bot at all times.

5. A day at each other's workplace to meet work colleagues and employers.

6. Now you must meet each other's family at a family gathering held at one mates home.

This one is going to be hard? Hi Tyler meet my family my name is really Alex and I'm totally fake.

7. A date should be chosen by now for the ceremony.

8. Plans for housing should be decided now.

9. Final few dates until you have Officially reached 10 dates, then the ceremony can take place.

10. Invites for a small gathering held in our Official matching unit should be sent and a small after party can commence.

Congratulations, we hope you have a successful life together.

I looked at the profile again to see if Amanda was right. She was, under his profile was another subheading

Initial attraction on the first meet: 96% I felt embarrassed thinking about Tyler looking at mine, wow that was a good score though.

I started to laugh after reading the book I couldn't believe people actually followed this stupid rigid guidebook.

Zoe was home and walked in on me laughing out loud.

"Are you going crazy now?"

"Yeah, I think I may be after reading this!" I showed Zoe the book.