The wine bar

I left for the apartment and was looking forward to making some more food, I was starving. I pulled out a pizza and warmed it, I watched TV as I enjoyed my pizza. It was late already. I forgotten how nice it was to do ordinary everyday things. I snuggled on the sofa when the door went and Zoe was home.

"Pizza is in the oven for you," I shouted.

"Hey Alex thanks, what a long day! I met Amanda today you were right about her, she only looks our age! And already she's so stuck up how is that possible?"

"Don't be daft she's a lot older than us. More like 25 she has crow's feet and bags under her eyes already, from all the frowning she does,"

Zoe came in and enjoyed her pizza on the sofa. Just as we were filling each other in about our day my phone beeped I flicked my C-band it was Amanda.

"Oh Great it's her" I put on my fake voice on to answer...

"Hello, Kat speaking,"

"Kat its Amanda I need you to come here please to my location and join me and wear something nice, I will send a private vehicle for you be ready in 10," she hung up.

"What, be ready in ten? Am I her new pet dog or something? Zoe, I need your help, find me a dress quickly it's my boss she needs me now,"

"It's 10:30 pm, what on earth does she want from you!" Zoe rolled her eyes.

We quickly found a dress and Zoe did my makeup the door buzzed and it was the driver ready and waiting. The driver took me to a posh wine bar in the city centre and left me at the door, what did she want me for?

I walked into the bar it was high class with business people everywhere wearing expensive clothes most of them were probably Officials. I Searched the bar and dance floor for Amanda, I spotted her on her own wearing a red dress slumped over the bar she looked like she already had a few too many.

"Hi Miss Martin I'm here what can I help you with?"

"Kat, there you are Um what can you help me with? That is a good question... call me Amanda," she slurred her words as she spoke.

"Sit have a drink with me, waiter! 2 more please," The waiter winked at me.

The waiter served two glasses of champagne. I sat and drank mine slowly so I could remain focused Amanda was babbling on while we drank.

"So Kat what did I disturb you from tonight?"

"Nothing important really I was just eating pizza with my sister,"

"Aww sister that sounds so nice," she said in a mocking tone

"Well sounds like I saved you tonight Kat, join the big girls let see if we can spot a nice man?"

I scanned the room there was a pleasant looking man at the end of the long bar, "what about him at the end of the bar?"

She let out a loud laugh "don't be silly Kat, that's Richard he's a banker a lowly Banker I can't be seen with him?"

"Oh okay well does that really matter what his job is, surely it's the person that matters?"

Amanda laughed even more loudly "Ha Kat I don't need to worry about that because I have this" She pointed at her tattoo it still had numbers on it, I looked closer it said 107 days on it. "So you're still waiting?"

"Yes, 107 miserable days until I meet my soul mate, so nice or not! It doesn't matter everyone has someone," maybe she was younger than I thought? She acted immaturely like a spoilt brat sometimes.