The Dare

I woke an hour later dripping with sweat I had a dream about my twin, it was scary and felt so real. In my dream my mum had a fake tattoo just like mine, it made sense if Doc really was her father there is no way he would let the officials control her. It made me happy to know that it was a possibility. I was glad when I woke the dream was awful, my mind was trying to deal with all this new information any way it could.

My watch beeped, and the screen popped up it was my mum. I wasn't ready to talk to her yet I was still so angry and disappointed with her. I ignored it and she left a video message.

"Alex I know you're a busy woman these days but can you spare 5 minutes for your mum? Have you looked at your dress yet? Zoe has hung it in your wardrobe for you as you were out today. Let me know if you like it? Love you," She looked sad in her video message.

I walked over to my wardrobe and the doors opened it was the best thing apart from the shower in this place. A rotating wardrobe I pressed the button until I could see my dresses, I only had about 3 so it wasn't hard to spot. I spotted the bag over the dress when I pulled the dress out I expected to hate it, but it was beautiful and not at all what I thought Mum would have chosen for my brother's wedding.

The theme was black and white, so the dress was a tight black number. That's why it surprised me mum hated it when I wore anything short or tight, she was one of those fussy mums. I always respected her for that, she was looking out for me. At least this wedding would be something to take my mind off everything. I felt calmer now.

Zoe came barging in "So I see you have found the dress? Go try it on then I want to see you wearing it,"

Zoe's face looked so excited I felt I had to try it on just to keep her happy

"Okay, I will" I went into the bathroom and tried the dress on, I walked out slowly to Zoe, slightly embarrassed not knowing how I looked?

"Here you go Zoe, what do you think?"

"Alex... you look amazing, you really do hide your killer figure in that horrible manly uniform," She looked at me like a proud mother.

"Do you think it's too tight? I'm not sure?" I walked over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. The dress did look good it made me feel confident. My green eyes looked even more noticeable, Mum had chosen well for once.

"Alex, you look like you've had a stressful day we are all going down to the local bar and you're coming too, no excuses,"

"You don't even know the half of it, Zoe, I found a secret bunker that Doc owns then I found out my dad is not my real dad, I'm a test tube baby freak and I have a twin sister I didn't even know about. That about sums it up, so yes I think I deserve a drink or two,"

"What?" Zoe looked shocked as I blurted my feelings out.

"Alex I'm so sorry, your life is crazy this makes no sense we can stay in if you want and talk?"

"No, it would be nice to get out of here Zoe"

Zoe gave me a big hug, I told her the whole story and she couldn't believe it. After I had told Zoe all about my day, we wanted to join the others to take my mind off it all.

We got dressed and caught the sky train up to the bar. It was the Sky Bar which overlooked the sky high way. The lights shone brightly lighting up the sky outside. I walked into the bar and the music was this new beat rubbish everyone listened to these days I hated it, but then I looked at all the different drinks and the airball tables and it didn't seem so bad.

"Hey, Its Alex and Zoe let's get the party started,"

"Hey, guys" Most of our training school was here tonight all the rookies anyway. I grabbed Zoe and pulled her towards the airball table.