Mia

I dropped down to floor doing some push ups to keep my mind active. I was going stir crazy. After what seemed like forever Mia called me from the air vent.

"Hi, don't look at the air vent" as I walked over I realized she was right there behind it I kept my eyes on the wall pretending to stretch.

"Hi, Alex nice to meet you,"

"How, how did you do that they are going to see you,"

"No, it's okay. I figured out how they were watching me, as long as I don't come too close to the air vent they can't see me but I don't have long, I'm just testing to see how long I have until they notice or if they notice?" 

"Why haven't you got a tattoo?" I asked bluntly, Mia seemed like she didn't mind questions.

"Because my parents didn't want me to be the same as them, they rebelled when my brother and I were born, they hid away from officials somewhere safe. Why should someone else control who I end up with?"

"But how and where did they hide London is a hard place to hide these days?"

"No time to explain we will talk again soon,"

Mia was gone, and I was all alone again. I wondered how she did it. How she stopped the cameras? I looked around the room again but I couldn't see anything, no red lights and no lenses whatever tech they were using it was new to me.

The door opened, and it was food again, the second and final meal of the day. Some kind of potato and bacon slop which didn't taste too bad.

As I sat eating my meal, I wondered what I must look like. I must look awful. I used the metal tray as a mirror and held it up to my face I looked pale and my hair was greasy and my mascara ran down under my eyes, I needed a wash. As I stared at my reflection my green eyes looked piercing something wasn't right? One of my eyes looked strange, but the tray was blurry so I couldn't really see in detail.

Almost like a different colour I quickly finished my meal and placed it near the door. After it was collected, I waited then went to the vent to talk to Mia.

"Mia?"

"Yes?"

"Did your plan work?"

"Yes they didn't even notice me, we haven't got long. They can't hear us they can only see us it's in your left eye you need to remove it and lay it on your bed upright so they think you're just laying down in bed, wait five minutes then do it."

I walked over to the bed and waited a few minutes then rubbed both of my eyes to make it look like I had itchy eyes. I counted to three and just went for it poking my left eye as fast as I could, my eyes watered and what looked like a contact lens came out. It really stung my eye, but I quickly placed it on the pillow trying not getting into the view then ran to the vent. Mia was waiting for me.

"Well done, Alex let's get out of here,"