Double Decker

//R

"This is a disaster, heavy on the 'dis.'"

I can't believe we lost her! This is all my fault, I was the one who gave the command to release her. If she was tied up, there would have been no way she could have escaped. I was played. I am staring at the rubble left behind from the successful escape. 

When the dust cleared up, we all ran to the gaping hole in the wall. They must have bypassed our security alarms. M'gann linked us up and Aqualad ordered us to go to the Bio-Ship. He jumped into the water while the rest of us checked the skies. We didn't see anything airborne or in the water. Aqualad reported no signs of any submarines or boats. We were too late, we lost Silver Swan. I have to say, the name is growing on me.

This brings us to now, inspecting the scene. They must have used four target missiles judging by the destroyed wall. There simply wasn't anything she left behind. She even managed to grab her bracelet when we had our backs turned; although, we still had all of her weapons.

If this girl didn't want to kill us what did she have in mind? We barely learned any new information on our lead besides the fact that she worked for Penguin and didn't have a good relationship with her parents. She mentioned that her mentors were some of Gotham's criminals. I looked at her weapons again, seeing a white whip I knew Catwoman was involved.

"I think I have a new lead, Catwoman. She might be one of - " I sighed, "Silver Swan's mentors considering the use of a whip."

"Best name ever!" Wally said proudly.

"Well, what are we waiting for? How do we find this Catwoman?" Artemis asked.

"I know Batman keeps tabs on her. Let me call him."

I called Batman at the WatchTower and his masked face popped up in front of me. The Team gathered around and looked up at the Caped Crusader. 

"Batman, we know you keep tabs on Catwoman. We think she might be one of our lead's mentors," I explained.

"I am sending you a location and file now. You might be able to find her at the Double Decker Club," Batman informed.

"Who is Catwoman?" Wonder Woman's voice questioned.

"Uh, Batman out."

***

Currently, we were scoping out the Double Decker Club. In Batman's file, it said that she was known to come to this location every Saturday night. We have been waiting for two hours now on top of the building across the street, but our facial scanners haven't recognized any of the customers to be Catwoman. I could see the bright lights and hear the faint music coming from the small building.

*I'm starting to think she isn't coming,* Conner stated.

*We have been waiting here for two hours, Batboy. What's your call?* Artemis mocked.

*We wait.*

I can sense Artemis' groan as we wait for another 10 minutes. 

*There, that's her walking in now," Aqualad informed.

*Alright, is everyone in civies?" 

"Yea, but I feel so naked," KF whined.

"Alright, this time at least try to follow my lead and not blurt anything out. This club is filled with Gotham's worst so we have to be extra careful.* 

I leaped off of the building landing in a crouching position. I hid behind a dumpster in the narrow alley and waited for the rest of the team. We walked out of the alley once everyone was ready and headed to the front. I grabbed the handle and swung the door open. The music blasted in my ears as we walked in and scanned the room for Catwoman. 

We saw Selina Kyle, Catwoman's "secret identity", dressed in a tight purple dress that went down to her knees with a sweetheart neckline. She sat down at a booth near the corner. We sat in the booth across from hers and started small talk to keep our covers. 

She was sitting alone and it looked like she was waiting for someone. Then a person in a gray hoodie sat down in front of her. There was a strand of black hair peeking out from the hood, but I couldn't see the person's face.

*Do you think that it's our swan burglar?* M'gann asked. 

*Don't you mean Silver Swan?* Wally grinned.

*It must be her, we need to make our move,* Conner insisted. 

*What we need to do is read her mind. M'gann you're up,* Aqualad instructed.

Her eyes glowed green, but it was hard to see with all the flashing lights in the room. I looked back at the person in the gray hoodie. I clicked on my listening device and eavesdropped in on their conversation. 

"He brought him back. Now they are both looking for me. I have nowhere to go and I can't leave the city without them knowing," I heard the visitor in the hoodie whisper worriedly.

Who was looking for the girl in the hoodie? If this was Swan, who did she need to run from?

"Don't worry I have a place you can stay. You can hide out there as long as you want," Selina offered.

"Thank you so much. I don't - " she stopped.

Her body went stiff and Selina had a concerned look on her face. I looked at M'gann who's eyes were still glowing green.

"They're here, the junior team," the girl in the hoodie stated. 

*They know we're here, M'gann get out of her mind.*

*She must have sensed my presence in her mind. I saw something before she found out I was there,* M'gann explained.

*You can explain it later. Right now they're on the move to the ladies' room. Artemis and M'gann I need you to follow them,* Aqualad said taking control of the situation.

Before the two girls could stand up, we heard gunshots in the corner of the club. I looked over all the heads and saw her. She was wearing her white long-sleeved shirt and pocketed pants. She had her black cloak, boots, and gloves on. She was holding a revolver aimed at the ceiling; she must have grabbed it from one of the costumers. 

The entire club went crazy. People pulled out their own guns and everyone ran for the exit. I lost sight of Silver Swan and Catwoman. I had my uniform under my civies, so I changed and ran for the exits as well. The Team followed in suit and we looked around frantically outside.

*Found them! Swan and Cat are heading right,* Artemis yelled.

We ran after the masked burglars. They turned into an alley and we followed in step.

*Now we can attack.*

*Finally,* Conner breathed.

I could sense the small smile playing on Conner's face. We were all excited to finally get some action. My adrenaline was through the roof as I laughed and jumped into the fight loving every second of the thrilling night.

//

Does the Double Decker Club ring a bell?

~KO

//

E