Needs No Introduction

//S

I walked in an alley making sure to stay in the shadows just in case Penguin was looking for me. I headed toward Catwoman's house checking my back every five seconds to make sure I wasn't being followed. My feet were heavy and my arms were sore. 

I walked up behind an old house and knocked on the back door. The door creaked open, but Catwoman wasn't there to greet me. Instead there was a short little man with a top hat, monocle, suit, shiny shoes, a pointy nose, and an evil grin plastered on his face.

"I will not tolerate runaways Kayo." Penguin stated.

Two body guards came up behind me and grabbed both my arms. I hung my head in defeat, I new this was a dumb idea. Penguin would always find me, know my every move. He's always one step ahead of me. Even though I detached the tracker on my mask, he always knows where I am going to be.

I was dragged into Catwoman's house and thrown on the tile floor. Catwoman must have not made it home yet. The living room was dark and warm from the weather outside. I pushed myself up to my knees with a grunt. 

"I want you to meet someone who needs no introduction." Penguin laughed.

Out from the shadows came a burly built man. He had a square jaw with a stubble beard. He had untamed brown hair and a big nose. His mouth was formed into a snarl. He wore beat up, blue jeans and a tight gray shirt. 

I stared into his eyes studying the man that stood before me. His brown eyes glared right back without emotion. My body shook with pure rage and fear. I couldn't tell them apart anymore. My mind was swirling with so many emotions it started to hurt. 

"This is what happens to stupid girls who don't listen. I hope you remember the pain and then maybe you'll think twice about running away." Penguin snarled.

"It's been a long time, daughter." my father spoke with satisfaction.

I spat at his feet. I lifted myself off the ground getting ready to fight. The body guards behind me shoved me back to the ground before I could stand up. He growled, anger filling his eyes as he came towards me. I tried to move out of the way, but more body guards came to from the shadows and held me down. 

I was kneeling on the ground before the man I ran from for a year. The man who shows up in every nightmare I have. The man who wants nothing more than to make my life miserable. Now, that man was standing right before me with rage written all over his face. 

I lifted my head as a calloused hand came down on my face. He slapped me right across the bridge of my nose. I screamed as he came in for another blow. I didn't scream because of the pain in my nose. I screamed from the horrible memories that flooded into my head.

***

"Get out of my house you little bastard!" my father screamed.

The glass from the TV and beer bottle were still lodged in my side. I cried and shook with the terror that had overcome my body. I got up feeling the pain in my side as I to my room and grabbed my bag.

I had packed a bag for when I was going to run away. I never used it, but it has been sitting under my bed for the last two years. I always planned on running, but I had always talked myself out of it. Now, I had no doubts about running. I had stayed here for to long and I was done. 

I was done with the constant screaming and yelling. I was done with the constant pain he caused. I was done bottling it all up, and I was done with him. I ran to the front door with my backpack in hand and I kicked down the door not bothering with the handle.

I ran into the cold night away from the yelling and screaming. I winced with every step and tears were flowing down the sides of my cheeks. I ran with out stopping, until I reached a quiet alley and leaned against the wall. I lifted the side of my shirt and bit my lip looking at the blood. I opened my backpack and took out a bottle of water and a wash cloth. 

I poured the water on the wounds and bit my lip from the pain. Some of the glass and blood washed off. I put the water bottle down and started to pull the pieces of glass out one by one. Pain shot through my body with every tiny shard. I continued to pull each on out for about another hour.

When I had finally pulled them all out I grabbed the bottle of water again. I cleaned the wounds with the cloth. I wrapped one of the extra shirts I had around my waist tightly. I leaned against the dark alley wall and cried silently. 

***

The second blow knocked me out of my trance. His hand hit my jaw so hard it split open and started to bleed. I screamed yet again, but this time with anger. I will not give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Never again. I growled at him and my body flooded with energy. I jumped up and knocked out the guards behind me in a few hits.

"Never. Again." I growled and flung myself at my father.

The bodyguards grabbed me before I could lay a finger on him. I wanted to kill him, watch that little bastard suffer. My energy was running out, but my anger wasn't. 

I endured each hit losing my energy to scream. When he had finished with his entertainment he stepped back and they dragged me into a black car. We drove to an abandoned warehouse and they threw my in a new cage. This one was smaller, but still the same metal material. 

I closed my eyes feeling tired from all the events that had happened today. I drifted off to sleep laying on the cold cement floor.

//

I really need to cut down on the length of these chapters. :/

~KO

//