Birdnapped

//S

When Batman said we were going to engage Scarecrow I almost passed out. I hadn't fully studied Penguin's plan yet! What if something went wrong and I was caught? The Team would send me to juvie or even Arkham since I have committed crimes that could make them think I'm crazy. Well I wasn't going to stick around to find out. I recited the plan over and over in my head.

When we got to the factory, the ship came to an eerie silence. I think I had freaked them out a little bit with my 'pep talk'. It's not like I was trying to scare them, it's just the truth. Scarecrow may not know anything about you, but he does know your greatest fear and he didn't need fear gas to expose it.

I really do respect Scarecrow. He would have been my chemist trainer if he wasn't in Arkham at the time. He's extremely smart and clever. He works hard at his 'profession' and no matter how many times Batman knocks him down, he bounces right back up. Now that is something that deserves my respect.

The gentlemen of crime always told me to respect Gotham's elite. They were clever and controlling. They took what they wanted, when they wanted. That kind of power takes a lot of hard work that superheroes like the Dynamic Duo never see. The blood, sweat, and tears that go into a life of crime are never seen by 'defenders of justice'.

I jumped out with Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Artemis. We crept up to the side of the building as the second group deployed on the other side of the factory. Robin had hacked the security system before we jumped out so we didn't have to worry.

I don't know how he does it, but he has a knack for computers. I never learned to hack anything because I never needed it. I would always take out cameras manually and we never had a trainer who was good at hacking. We climbed up the side of the building and rolled in through an open window.

Aqualad was leading and I was holding up the back. We silently made our way around the cases of chemicals and random creates. I looked around, but Scarecrow was nowhere in sight. I had an air filter in my mouth making me feel like a scuba diver. We eventually met the other group in the middle with no confrontation from Scarecrow or any of his 'little helpers'. 

*Where is he?* Superboy grunted over the links

*I don't understand. The tracker said he would be here.* M'gann said confused.

*Maybe he tricked us and he lured us here.* Robin suggested.

Damn detective. Of course Scarecrow knew about the tracker. I was the one who had warned him about it. It was our way to lure the team into this factory. I had to keep the act up so that they wouldn't suspect anything before my betrayal.

*If he did trick us I suggest we be on - * I started, but my thought was interrupted.

"I'm a little disappointed that the Justice League didn't come for me themselves. How dare they take me as a low life criminal! I guess you imbeciles will have to do." he sighed.

Complete lie. We have this plan thought through up to the very last word. It needed to run smoothly if we were going to get what we wanted and get out of here alive. Scarecrow hadn't even glanced at me yet, so I stood still waiting for the signal.

Everyone jumped into their fighting stance and I followed in suit. Wait for the signal.

"Oh please, I'm not going to fight a bunch of sidekicks. Let's have a nice chat shall we?" he asked kindly.

He snapped his fingers and several men came out of the shadows. They each put a chair out for each of us and then they disappeared back into the shadows. I looked at the rest of the team acting confused and then jumped on the mind link.