I don't understand

Shawn's POV

I woke up and walked to Tyler's room. She wasn't there.

I walked down stairs and saw that Rosa had already made breakfast.

"Have you seen Tyler this morning?"

"No, I assumed she was with you when I didn't see her in her room."

"What?! You don't know where she is!"

"No sir I'm sorry."

I ran to the east wing and looked in the rooms. I walked into the photography room and there was no sign of her. I looked in the theater no Tyler.

I walked into the library and walked down every aisle and no Tyler.

I then went to run down the stairs then heard singing coming from the art room to see the last thing I expected.

"I'm selfish. I want you all to myself I swear you don't need nobody else I swear."

I looked at her as she painted and it was a painting of I believe a tree, but it was unique.

It had roots and it was dark and gloomy. The sky in the painting was a dark navy blue and the tree was only a shadow. Around it was empty.

There was one light in the middle that was colorful and vibrant. Then she took her paint brush and destroyed it.

I just stood behind her watching.

"Did you just come in here to watch me or what?"

I was startled that she knew I was here. I looked at her and cleared my throat.

"Uh I came to tell you that foods ready."

"I'm fine I ate. I don't want to eat with you thanks."

She pushed passed me as she walked back to her room I'm assuming I just stood there knowing that she needed space.

I noticed that there were more paintings. All signed with the same as the one she was just working on.

She made all these.

There was one that stood out to me. It was a light bulb with blue orchids inside. It had a black background and it was signed by her.

It looked just like a tattoo I got dedicated to my mum when I was 18.

But Tyler's never seen my tattoos.

I kept looking and one had words that said "I thought I understood the meaning of love but then I met you and I was taught a new meaning"

All these paintings were so beautiful and all signed by her.

One just had three words on it.

"I don't understand."