The Past

Boop. I dont know at this point. I don't own RWBY or Borderlands and thats about it I guess. Enjoy... ALSO 1K READS! YEEEAAAAAH BOI! Thank you all so much for reading this. I know its not the best and I dont really know how you feel about it but I'm hoping you enjoy it. So uh get on with reading I guess.

(Y/N) POV

Me and Yang head to the garage near the landing pad. Obviously she has a vehicle of some kind. Hmm. Should I get a Bike or something. Id look badass with my shield equipped riding a motorcyle (while playing cardgames, 10 point to whoever gets the reference).

I am brought back from reality when Yang stops and as we are linked arm in arm I am jerked back a little. I focus againa and see a beautiful yellow motorcycle. My jaw drops and I stare for a couple seconds before Yang giggles once again bringing me back to the real world.

(Y/N): Its the most beautiful piece of machinery I've ever seen. And I once saw a giant robotic dinosaur attached to a truck covered in gun. Rest in peace Badassasaurus.
I say and she drags me over to it.

Yang: Youll have to tell me about it when we get there. Now put your helmet on and lets go.
She says sounding a little demanding. I grin and put my hood up looking more like my mother like this. She sighs knowing I wouldnt do it.
- fine but if you fall and get hurt I'm not worrying about you.
She adds and my grin turns to a playful smirk. I take the helmet and put it on pulling the hood back down.

(Y/N): Aww you were worried about me?
I ask teasingly as I get on behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. I recieve a swift elbow to the gut and a slight growl.

Yang: Of course I was. I thought you were going to get hurt and that I'd lose you.
She says and I sigh holding her tighter.

(Y/N): Dont you worry Yang, it'll take more than a cliff to take me from you.
I say as I manage to get past her hair and give her a gentle kiss on the cheek. I see her blush and smile to myself.
- Now lets get going. There's alcahol to be consumed.
I cheer. She regains her composure and laughs.

Yang: Right, lets get going then.
She says in her usual cheery tone and revs up the engine. The garage door opens and we shoot out onto the streets of Vale.

I watch the town as we drive seeing at the happy people out enjoying their friday nights and smile as well. I then focus my gaze past a line houses and see a construction yard. I see a familiar shape that wipes the smile right off my face. A large robotic figure that triggers memories from my childhood in sanctuary. Another building blocks my sight and when we get past it is gone.

(Y/N): I- It couldnt be...
I say to myself quietly terrified of the possibility of one of them being here on remnant. My worried state had left me clinging to Yang a bit tighter alerting her that something was wrong.

Yang: Whats wrong (Y/N)?
She asks as we pull over. Her voice distracts me from my fear and I turn too her as she slips off the bike looking at me with a worried look on her face.

Yang POV

As he turns to me he seems to brighten up immediately.

(Y/N): Its nothing Yang. Don't worry about it.
He says smiling but I can tell thats a load of bull. I can see the fear in his eyes that I know myself. A look when I think about the time I nearly got me and Ruby Killed as kids. I place a hand on his shoulder and look him in the eye.

Yang: (Y/N), If there is anything bothering you. I want you to be able to tell me.
I say smiling softly. He blushes a little and I grin pulling him to his feet. I hug him tight and I feel him hold me just as tight still shivering in fear.

(Y/N): W-when I was a kid, up in Sanctuary back on Pandora. There was an incident where a large bot belonging to the now disbanded Hyperion activated itself and attacked the city. I watched as it slaughtered innocent civillians and destroyed my and many other peoples homes. The death count was in the hundreds (Sanctuary Is a lot bigger than it used to be). I would have been amoung them if it wasnt for my mother. It saw me and aimed its guns at me. She killed it just before it opened fire on me as I was too scared to move. Ive been terrified of them ever since, even though Hyperions gone now.
He says gently scared now of being ridiculed for his weakness. I hold him tighter and try to calm him.

Yang: Hey now. Its nothing to be ashamed of. You're a lot stronger now and if you ever need help me and our friends are here for you.
I say and he looks at me. He wipes the tears from his eyes and smiles brightly.

(Y/N): Thank you Yang, Its nice to know I have real friends here. I was worried that I'd end up constantly fighting or in a prison or lab somewhere when I got here. Im glad it isnt like that.
He says staring into my eyes happily. I stare back before we hear a male voice yell out.

?: Kiss her. Or are you gonna cry some more.
The voice yells and we turn to see Cardin and his team walking up. I spot Sarah with them smirking.

Yang: Why did you follow us here?
I ask angrily a little upset that they ruined this moment.

Sarah: Well we all just want to ruin your date really. I gave (Y/N) his aura and gave him the power boost needed to defeat the vault guardian. How does he repay me. By telling me he isnt interested and leaving me 5 minutes after freeing me. These dimwits are just salty that he beat them so easily.
She says causing the others to growl at her.

Cardin: Hey watch your tounge you little bi-
He is cut off by (Y/N) delivering a devastating uppercut to him causing him to fall back seeming unconscious.

(Y/N): You three take him out of here. And if you ever insult one of my friends again I'll make you pay.
He threatens. Sarah blushes and I step forwards backing him up. We watch as they leave and Sarah mumbles something.

Yang: What was that?
I ask leaning in curiously. (Y/N) looks at her as well smiling.

Sarah: I said I'm sorry I tried to ruin your date.
She says and I smile. (Y/N) pulls both of us into a hug.

(Y/N): I'm the one that should be apologising. You're right, I shouldn't have just ditched you like that. Maybe you can join me and a couple other tomorrow. That way I can get to know you better since we are teammates.
He says and she smiles at him.

Sarah: I'd like that, I'm sorry again for trying to ruin your date. Since the bar just shut down.
She says and we look to see the lights out.

(Y/N): Bugger, Hey Yang, maybe we can reschedule for next Friday.
He says to me sounding hopeful.

Yang: Sure, sounds great, but you have to buy.
I say teasingly as we get back on Bumblebee (not sure if thats thespelling for bike or the ships name). He sighs and agrees getting on with me. I turn back to Sarah about to offer her a lift when she dissapears in a purple light.

(Y/N): I think shes good, Thanks for all this Yang. Even though we didnt actually make it inside I enjoyed Yanging out with you. Really put a spring in my step.
He says and I laugh turning to hug him.

Yang: Same here. Now lets get back to Beacon before Professor Goodwitch yells at us for being out for Xiao long.
I fire back with added finger guns and he laughs. I think I might be in love. I think as he holds onto me and we zoom off into the night.

Elsewhere. No one POV

A blue light fades and White Fang members surround a beaten young man. A man Steps out clapping. He drops his cigarette and snuffs it with his cane.

?: That was an excellent test, sure you put up a fight and killed some of my guys but hey. Its part of life. Now my young friend. Lets talk business...
He says as the brown haired boy looks up at him while being held down. That is before his shield is broken and he is rendered unconscious by one brutal swing.

(Hello people. Sorry it has been a while but I've been thrown out of my sleeping pattern by storms which makes it hard to focus. But this part is done now and I hope Ill get the next one to you all soon. Until then Adios)