Gortys VS Remnant 1

Boop. Aha you didn't expect to see me back again so soon did you. Well after a lovely comment from one Beaner10 I thought fuck it let's do this. I also realised that a lot of you are really nice people and I feel like I should try to interact with you more. That's not a promise as I'm terrible with those but I'll try. So I'd like to see some HYPE'rion for Borderlands 3 and to know which of the new vault hunters you'll be playing if you are planning on getting it. Anyways I dont own the stuff I dont own... I think that's how that works anyway and now let's get into it.

(Y/N) POV

I sit up slowly holding my head after we were knocked back by the Remnant. I look around the cockpit asking if everyone is ok to which I get muffled replies.

Gortys: This is gonna be a lot harder than the last guy we had to fight.
She says causing my mother to nod with a slight frown as she readjust herself in her seat.

Athena: Indeed. Can we get a message back to the others, assuming there are any left, and get some backup.
She asks with a genuine fearful look on her face.

I sigh as seeing my mother, the invincible Gladiator Athena, like this causes me to lose all hope of victory. I look to my sides at Yang and Sarah who are still recovering from that last hit and then back to Claptrap who is shaking a little. I really lose all hope now and hang my head in defeat before a memory floods back to me.

Mr Torgue singsong voice: FLASHBACK!

I was with Zer0 outside sactuary's original location, the bandits had moved out due to their shoddy workmanship causing their makeshift homes to fall down below into the caustic caverns and killing a number of them, on one of our weird father son outings. It was nice that though he was just a doner the mysterious man still cared for me. Usually we would take these opportunities for him to train me away from my overprotective mother.

Our blades clashed as we sung the beautiful melody of sword against sword (Theres a reference for you). I was improving slowly, able to hold my own at the least but was nowhere near his level. I rush him attempting to thrust my blade at him with the intent of then swinging around and catching him as he dodges. Instead he simply brings the hilt of his blade down knocking me off balance and to the floor with no effort.

I huff upset at my latest defeat, not having the maturity to be a good loser yet. I roll over and sit cross legged on the snowy ground holding my hand as it stung from the impact. I look up and see the 0 on his helmet that I knew meant there was no challenge. I look down again tears in my eyes at how weak I was.

He notices and sits down before me, taking my hand and wrapping it with a bandage that I thought was kinda unnecessary seeing as we could heal our wounds with med kits.

Zer0: You are showing much Progress.
He says cooly with his weird robot ninja voice. I smile a little as hearing it always made me feel a bit better. The defeat was still fresh in my mind so I wasn't exactly over it and still moping.
-What is the matter?
He asks as a question mark appears on his helmet.

(Y/N): I'm never going to be as strong as you or any of the other Vault Hunters. Hell we might as well just paint failure on my back.
I say before receiving a quick hard tap on the top of my head causing me to flinch.

Zer0: You do not need to be strong.
At least not all by yourself.
We have each other.
The Vault Hunters are not one.
He says calmly speaking in haiku. I understand what he is saying but I cant accept it.

(Y/N): Strong alone, Stronger together. But if I cant be strong on my own then what's the point.
I say before I instinctively catch his hand as he went to tap me again. A smiley emoticon appears on his helmet.

Zer0: see, allow others to help.
Then return that help.
That's how you will get stronger.
He says to which I smile brightly and nod.

Mr Torgue singsong voice: FLASHBACK END medeleymedeleymedeleymedelymew!

I look up breaking free from my depressed state before clearing my throat.

(Y/N): Gortys! Lend me the controls! If Jack thinks he's making a comeback this late then someones gotta shut him down.
I say proudly getting everyone's attention.

Yang: But (Y/N). That think will pulverise us. Its twice as big and way tougher. No offense.
Yang says trying to reason with me.
Gortys: None taken.

I chuckle and shake my head as my control panel lights up. I can just feel how they work and start moving taking a charge as a sword and shield district into Gortys' hands. The Remnant aims to fire at us but I press a button and Gortys disappears from its view. The lasers miss us and I have the giant ladybot leap into the air and bring the sword down on its head causing the armour to crack and the claptrap unit that one of the jacks was using to fall off and shatter on the ground.

(Y/N): We cant lose because we have something that those holojacks dont, each other. It sounds cliche but it's true. I'm fighting to protect the people I love and theres no way in hell I'll give up just because the other guys bigger.
I yell as I continue to hack away at the armour until the weapons disappear.
-who wants next?
I ask with a smirk before Sarah grabs the controls and has us leap back after noticing another beam was being charged up right in our face. She starts rapidly pressing buttons as her tattoos glow bright and brilliantly.

Gortys can feel this affect as she holds her hands out together. Her arm begins to glow and she fires a beautiful bram of energy in sync with the Remnant. The two beams clash, causing a booming sound to ring out throughout the canyon.

Sarah: Its too strong. I cant hold it back much longer.
She says clearly struggling. I hold her shoulder and say clearly.
(Y/N): Yes. You can. Because were here with you. Remember what you're fighting for and why you cant afford to lose. Now break through that limit and kick his ass!

She smiles hearing this and tells as the beam becomes more intense. Gortys joins in with her scream and the Remnants beam is pushed back before it can even respond.

When the light clears we can see its arm had been completely obliterated by this act and I swear I can hear the holojacks screaming curses. That's when things start getting worse.

No one POV.

Mark screams in pain as his mind feels like its breaking after he had been stabbed by the claptrap unit. His vision was blurry and he could no longer see the original A.I Jack. That is when he appears in his face, not close to it but on his eyes.

Jack: man you really thought you were above me huh. Like your will alone would foil my plans. Hahaha no. You were made as nothing more as a backup body to be me and that's exactly what you're gonna do. Now let's have some fu-
He is cut off by the other Jack yelling curses as the Remnant studders back a bit as its arm was blown off.
-nnn.
He finishes as Mark feels control of his body slip from him. The is released and stands without any control. Jack raises his new arm and start to digistruct a new mechanical arm onto the remnant. Hyperion yellow and covered in a fuck tone of guns.

Both Jacks: Now you filthy bandits! TAKE THIS!
They both scream infuriated as both arms are raised. The Remnant fired its other arm laser whilst a flurry of lasers, missiles and bullets are launched at Gortys. All whilst Mark screams inside his own mind unable to a thing to stop it.

(And that's where I'll leave this part frienderinos. I know. I'm a little shit pulling this but I feel it's better this way. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and please do leave your feedback in the comments. I'll see you all next time. Adios)