Chapter 10 - Mine Is Better

Marc

" So, can I stay? "

" Yeah, brother. Just... please keep your boxers on. I'm not mentally prepared to see you naked. I'll give you a new pair in a couple of minutes. I'm sorry this happened to you, but you shouldn't have touched it in the first place. "

" I know... it's just... I was there alone and it happened and I didn't know what to do so I touched the thing and tried to do something about it, but I guess I'm not good at it. I don't know how to take care of those and it spilled all over my clothes! What did I do wrong? "

" Calm down, Marc. I don't know. It's not like I'm the expert here. I'll call Silas. He will know what to do. "

Ugh... Why? Why? In case you're wondering what we're talking about here, well, just... let me explain. So, I was at the pool and it was really dirty and I didn't know why. We have staff taking care of it, normally. They always make sure it's clean and everything and if something is wrong, they tell us so we can find a professional to deal with the problem. 

This time, though, no one was there and it felt like something was stuck in the filter... thingy. I knew I had to drain the pool before I called a guy who would look at it, so I did, but then... I got curious. I wanted to resolve the problem and be a fucking hero, okay? Except, I'm an imbecile, apparently.

Long story short, I tried to get the thing that was blocking the pipe or whatever and I even tried to siphon it. With my mouth. Gross stuff came out with a lot of water and I couldn't go to my apartment because Kevin is there with Mindy and their daughter and Mindy is pregnant. I smell really gross and I don't want her to barf all over the place, ok?

So, here I am, waiting for Corey to go fetch me some new clothes and boxers so I can have a shower before we go to Starbucks for an investigation of mine. That's why I specifically asked Corey to bring me a mix of my brothers' clothes and not mine. I'm not allowed in any of Charleston's Starbucks, so I need to dress differently and look as different as I possibly can. I'm not trying to steal a recipe, guys! I just want to get a hand on our new tenant's favorite coffee and make one better so she would stop going to Starbucks and start coming to my café more frequently. I want to meet her, dang it!

When Corey comes back, he's talking to Silas on the phone and then someone is knocking on the door not long after that, making him pause and open it. I'm standing right there, in front of a very beautiful young woman. In. My. Boxers. Looking like shit and smelling like it too.

" Just a second, Sang. I need to take care of something before we can talk. Come in! It won't be long. "

So, it's her. Why do I have to look like this when I finally see her for the first time? My hair is covered with an unknown viscous... material. My torso too. When she notices me, she blinks and blinks, her eyes traveling from my face to my boxers and she stares at that part of my body for a couple of seconds before she opens her mouth in horror.

" You! You're the sexy blue and gray tight boxers owner! Did you know I had it on my face for a while? Did you know that Raven hasn't had the time to wash them before it happened? How come it smelled nice when it wasn't even clean yet? Oh, my goodness! It's almost like I had a second-hand encounter with your... "

She suddenly stops talking, pointing at me and then turns around and covers her eyes. What in the world? I haven't seen the footage when she met Raven. I don't know what happened. I just know they met at the laundromat. My boxers were on her face? What?