Chapter 17 - Little and Big Things in Life

Sang

Being able to watch the guys when they don't know I'm around is interesting. It's like those documentaries about wild animals, you know? Observing them in their environment. I'm not saying they're wild animals, don't worry. I'm barely mentioning it because it feels like I'm watching them on television. I don't think I'll be able to do that for long, though. One of them is going to notice I'm there sooner or later. It's heartwarming to see them interacting with each other the same way they are when I'm with them. It shows how genuine they are. Not that I doubted them. They're so different from my family that sometimes it feels like I was living on another planet before I met them. 

It took me forever to realize what I was wearing and it was too late. Someone noticed my presence and escaping would be next to impossible. Great. While all those handsome men are looking perfect, even wearing nude boxer-briefs, I know I'm not nearly looking my best. My hair is a mess. I can't even say it's a bun anymore since it became so askew while I was sleeping. My pajama is probably the ugliest I own. Of course, the one to notice me has to be the one who looks like a model! 

" Cupcake, are you a secret spy? "

" Um, no. I'm pretty sure that if I was, I would be dressed all in black and most probably look better than this. " I tell Luke, pointing down at my ratty pajamas and what's supposed to be my hair but looks like a bird decided to live in it.

" How did you learn about this? " he asks, pointing at himself. 

" This being... what exactly? Why are you all here and why are you wearing those weird boxers? "

Looking slightly defeated, his shoulders slump forward while he looks dramatically down at his feet, letting his arms hanging limply in front of him. I think he's pouting too. I wonder if it's all real or an act?

" Don't you like them? We wanted to start a new style. We thought you would be pleased. Would you like it better if I don't wear it? Because I can totally do without- "

" Luke, for the love of all that's fucking holy, I said no! "

Gabriel comes running towards us and grabs Luke's boxers with both hands as Luke looks suddenly panicked. 

" Don't! I'll keep them on! I swear I'll keep them on! I promise! I promise! "

" You better, or I will motherfucking give you the wedgie of all the fucking ass wedgies! Mr. B told you he didn't want to see your butt ever again and I would appreciate it if I could save myself from the front view too. "

As my face is getting scarlet, a commotion erupts behind us and Gabriel is the first one to see what's going on. There is so much chaos that Luke was the only one to ask me why I'm here for the moment. Honestly, I'm stunned by the view I get everywhere I look and am starting to ask myself if I'm dreaming. I should probably pinch my arm...

" Oh, shit! Mr. B's boxers completely ripped on the barbed wire! Beware! Beware! The pickle is out of the jar! I repeat! The boss got his pickle free! "

Turning around quickly in alarm, I'm searching for Mr. Blackbourne's Mighty Eagle - uh, I mean, pickle - in horror, hoping Jamie - the photographer - didn't get an eyeful like I did at the sauna the other day. Spotting Mr. Blackbourne, my eyes automatically go under his belly button but instead of finding a free pickle, there's a cardboard sign and written on it is-