Chapter 24 - Dead Rodents and Onion Socks

Sang

Ugh... That's so hard! I know some guys who would love to hear me say that, but trust me when I say the reason I'm thinking this isn't that I'm having a close encounter with a real-life lightsaber. Yeah, not the one that glows. I was talking about the... oh. You figured it out. I guess I'm the only one still having trouble understanding innuendos. 

I'm sorry! I'm feeling horrible this morning and I think self-pity is okay, at least for another five minutes. My mattress. That's what's feeling so hard! Everything hurts! I didn't even know hair could hurt until today!

Moving seems like an impossible task, but I have to in order to get to my phone and call the one boyfriend I know had my symptoms a week ago. Therefore, he should be immune to this. Sean did tell us he was going to give us the shot as soon as Owen, Gabriel, and Silas were okay. He didn't think that me playing tongue hockey with Owen before his symptoms appeared would contaminate me. In his defense, he probably wasn't aware of that. I don't think they're telling each other everything happening between myself and my actual boyfriends. At least I hope they're not. I have never been so glad in my life that my phone was on my nightstand. Calling Owen doesn't take me more than two minutes. He's already on his way to play doctor. 

I mean, be my doctor for the day. Sean is working and there's no need for him in getting sick too. Hearing a knock and the door opening, I don't bother getting up. Feeling miserable, I try to tell him where my aching body is, in case I die before he can find me, but my vocal cords can only manage a pitiful croaking sound that would fool anyone in thinking that there's a tiny frog living in my apartment.  Oh, I feel so sexy right now. Geez...

But it's alright! Coughing my lungs out should act as a good GPS and show him my exact location. Not that this place is huge anyway. To my surprise, it's not my regal-looking, tie-wearing Mr. Blackbourne coming to my rescue, but the delicious Silas in all his gloriousness. He looks worried, striding toward me in what seems to be no more than a second. 

" We came here as soon as Mr. B told us. Don't get scared when Gabriel comes in, okay, Aggele? " he murmurs, already enveloping me in a hug. I wonder how he can manage not to crush my body with his mountain of muscles? Feeling a little better, my head on his shoulder and my legs dangling in the air, I'm completely unaware of Gabriel's arrival. At least for a solid minute, until I see why Silas tried to distract/shield me from Meanie. And the smell. Oh, the smell...

Eyeing him wearily from my secured spot in Silas' arms, I point an accusing finger at the mountain of torture devices Gabriel placed on my vanity. I'm suddenly glad I put away my creams and makeup from it last night.

" What's all this? What's that stench from? "

It makes my head hurt and I don't want anything smelling like that near me. No way. Gabriel's mouth twitches a little, showing how much struggle he's facing to not laugh at me. There's nothing funny. I ache everywhere and my bedroom smells bad! What a mean good-looking man! He should suffer too. When I feel better, I'll plan a trip to the library. I saw a book the other day called Magic For Dummies. It must contain a spell to inflict pain on someone for a day or two. Like ' how to make them think they're giving birth ' or something... There was the Voodoo For Dimwits too. Or was it Voodoo For Lame-Brains? Whatever. I'll find it and he'll never know what hit him.

" Cures! All graciously mentioned by Miss Leo. The stench? You should be glad I didn't do what Leo ordered me first! She had the old fucking 19-century book, saying I had to soak a plaid blanket in boiling water and turpentine! I settled for a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil. No need for boiling water either. Those motherfuckers were fucking beasts back then! "