Chapter 21 - The Jungle Rats

Brandon

We just got back from our time at Enzo's farm and something seems off. I don't know if it's my apartment or the way Luke kept looking at me sideways, trying not to laugh while Gabriel was hitting him on the shoulder every two seconds. Luke did that to a couple of my brothers too. And North, but that's nothing new.

Also, we were all together for a whole week and coming back to my apartment with only a couple of them felt kind of lonely and silent. It kind of was blissful for a second or two. Maybe a minute. Until it wasn't. Shit! I think I'm getting attached. Those fuckers! Can you imagine? I thought Sang was the only one keeping us all together, but it's not just her. They're my family and no matter how they annoy me sometimes, I care. I love them. 

We should really keep the 6th and 7th floors to ourselves and knock down some walls. Make it a fucking huge penthouse. We would still have our privacy. Sang could have her own private space and allow us, poor lovestruck dogs in when she would feel like it. Not that she would play with our hearts and stomp on it. She's not like that. I feel like I should talk about this with my brothers. Maybe Sang would like that? Not right away, of course, but one day, you know?

We've arrived only an hour ago and already, someone is knocking at our door with a lot of enthusiasm, might I say. Asking Corey to get it before the door falls to the ground or explodes, I'm being told he's not available for the task and I need to do it myself. Why is he hiding all our weapons in our safe?

Whatever! Let's get this over with! A quick look at the peephole shows me an awful lot of my brothers. Gabriel is showing me his nostrils. That's how close he is from the peephole. What a charmer... Luke is bouncing up and down, standing behind his best friend. Raven and North are next to each other, both with their arms folded. North looks a little pissed. Alright, a lot. Axel is watching Gabriel with a deep frown between his eyebrows, making him look like a puppy pug. See what I did? A dog, frowning? 

... no?

... okay!

Purposely startling Gabriel by opening the door without a warning, I step back to let them all in.

" Awww! You were already missing me! How cute! "

" Shut up, dude! We have a mission! A very difficult and unpleasant one. " growls North, putting a plastic bag on the coffee table. Sitting down on the couch next to Axel, I wonder what's in the bag and raise an eyebrow, looking at the thing.

" Gabe, since you're the one who's been contacted, can you explain? "

" Whoa, whoa, whoa! First of all, why is it just us? Where are Marc and the others? " I ask, watching Corey joining us in the living room. Raven grabs him by the hand and sits him next to him on the floor, putting a possessive hand on his thigh, squeezing it twice. Well, I didn't see that coming, but fucking finally! I must admit I'm a little confused, as I clearly saw Corey kissing Sang behind a tree yesterday, but okay. I mean, it's not like we didn't talk about sharing her and I know she would never judge them so I don't think she would mind sharing them either. I mean, they were already part of our family. It's not like we would ever include an outsider. Man or woman. We're kind of a little crowded if you hadn't noticed. Also, I can't imagine myself with someone other than Sang.  

" Miss Leo gave us a very important mission. The others had something else to do. "

" Miss Leo...? What do you mean? You better start explaining, Gabe! "