3 | butterflies

kylie

since jordyn got sick and stassie was skipping first period, i decided to get a ride from my mom instead, and not gonna lie it's been a while since my mom drove me to school.

"so am i picking you and justin up today?" my mom asked as she slid on her sunglasses.

"um no i think he's driving us." i replied as i kept my eyes on my phone, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as i focused on twitter.

"okay." she sighed. "i'll leave the key under the mat because i'm going to kendall's hair appointment for prom. she needs help on what hair style to do."

"okay." i bit my lip and remained quiet for the rest of the car ride.

i knew my mom wanted to ask me something because every few seconds she glanced at me, but she decided to remain silent instead.

"bye mom, love you." i got out of the car and shut the door as i walked slowly into school.

once i reached my locker i punched in my code and grabbed all my things before shutting it unexpectedly loud.

i turned around to make my way to first period, when something caught my eye that made my heart sink.

travis grabbed her waist as he pinned her against the lockers, reattaching his lips to hers as he shoved his tongue down her throat. i stood back stunned, my heart not processing how fast he had he had moved on. i swallowed hard and continued to walk away, my eyes slowly burning as i fought and kept the tears in.

i know he didn't feel a single sense of guilt as he kissed her neck, making my body ache even more, knowing that i was just every other bitch at this school.

"kyyyy!" i heard justin exclaim from behind me, his footsteps running behind me as he reached to the side of me.

"hey." i quickly smiled, not wanting him to see me hurt.

"i'm really pumped for tonight, its finna be litttt!" he cheered.

i giggled at his cringey expression and glanced in front of me, noticing a girl approaching us.

"hey justin." a blonde girl twirled her hair and batted her eyelashes quickly.

her light blue eyes stared justin down, and i could tell justin was uncomfortable. i furrowed my eyebrows as i took in her features. wow, she's really pretty.

i looked back at justin, noticing that his eyes were dull while hers were full of pure lust.

"hey tiffany." justin smiled in a fake manner.

"so last night—" she touched his arm, causing me to snort quietly as i tried to remain all my laughter inside.

justin noticed my action and gave me a look of annoyance, as he glanced unwillingly back at her.

"yeah um, it was fun. anyways, gotta go." he pointed towards me and grabbed my arm, a gasp escaping my lips as he pulled me and walked away from her with full speed.

i heard the girl scoff from behind, as she stormed away, causing me to burst out laughing.

"oh my god justin." i wiped my tears of laughter.

"you know what? fuck you." justin chuckled quietly as he rolled his eyes annoyed.

"you're so gross—leave the girls at this school alone." i shook my head sarcastically as i tried to stop myself from laughing even harder.

"well i mean, what can i say? girls cant resist this." he shrugged and flipped his hair dramatically, making me scrunch my face in disgust.

"ew." i whispered as we reached his locker.