20 | hurting

kylie

i grabbed my phone as i quickly sent a text and got in my car.

i drove to the regular pizza place i go to as i waited in a booth.

i couldn't believe school was starting tomorrow, senior year...god damn.

that means college, shit i don't even know how to make my own bed properly.

"heyyy girl!" jordyn and stassie chanted as they walked through the door and sat across the booth from me.

"hi." i smiled weakly as i looked down at my bruise that was almost gone.

we ordered our food and while the waitress took our menus i took a deep breath.

"so what's up with you kylie i haven't seen you in forever—" jordyn started but i cut her off.

"i have to tell you guys something." i bit my lip. "a lot happened this summer and i didn't tell you guys any of it. and i'm sorry."

i felt my eyes begin to pinch as i looked down at my hands.

"okay?" stassie started. "whatever it is we're here for you and we love you."

i took a deep breath and continued to explain everything. being raped, justin, and everything else.

by the time i finished talking, everyone was in tears, constant apologizing and crying.

once we stopped talking about crying, all anger flashed out.

why didn't you tell us earlier? we're your best friends! did you think you couldn't trust us? we could've helped you.

that ended up eating our pizza in silence, the air has never been so thick in my life.

once we all paid we all went our separate ways, a friendly goodbye but still some upset vibes surrounding them.

i got in my car slowly, my eyes tearing up again as i drove home quietly. no kendrick lamar, no music, no nothing.

he didn't even bother to call. nothing. it's been weeks and i haven't heard a single word from him.

i gripped onto the steering wheel as i made a u turn and began driving some other direction.

i texted him several times a day, and nothing. i just wanted to know if he was okay. but no, he completely dropped me. like we were nothing.

i furrowed my eyebrows as i kept my eyes on the road. it's time for a change.

~~~

an hour later i walked out of the hair salon and grabbed my phone as i looked in the camera.

new hair, new me.

the next day

i woke up to the sound of kris telling me to get up. it was weird not hearing kendall's voice around the house, i wonder how college was.

i slid on a pair of mom jeans and decided to wear a u shaped white tank top with hoop earrings.

next i did my makeup, which was mascara foundation, and some highlighter.