30 | gone

justin

i woke up, groaning as the sunlight burned my skin as i quickly flipped over, wanting to fall back into that deep sleep.

before i could go unconscious, i heard the door downstairs open followed by a familiar voice shrieking and crying, startling me to wake up.

my eyes shot open as i quickly got up from bed and grabbed my sweatpants, sliding it on as i grabbed my black shirt.

i ran my hand through my hair as i scurried downstairs, turning towards the front door as i watched my mom hold her in worry.

"kris?" i raised a brow as i watched her stand up straight and watch me with worry, tears all over her face. "what's going on?"

"oh sweetie—" she made her way towards me as she cupped my cheeks with worry. "it's kylie."

my heart sank at the mention of her name, my body tensing up instantly as i watched her with fear.

"she's gone. i—i don't know where she went, she hasn't answered any of my phone calls and her backpack was gone. she didn't reach out to you did she—"

"fuck." i mumbled under my breath as i took a step back and grabbed my phone to dial her number.

my shaky hands pressed call, my heart beating so loud that i could barely concentrate on the call going through.

your call has been forwarded to an—

i hung up and dialed again.

your call has been forwarded—

again.

your call has—

i threw my phone across the room and yelled, my heart aching as hundreds of worst case scenarios ran through my head.

"i called the police this morning and they've started their investigations. i don't know where she could've gone, but god i'm worried sick." kris held herself in fear, as my mom brought her into another hug.

"why would she do this, kris?" pattie stroked her back gently.

"m—my job got moved to new york, and i told her that we were moving. she freaked out and—"

i shook my head in disbelief of what i was hearing and picked up my phone from the ground and grabbed the car keys, quickly making my way out the door as i heard the moms call for me but i shut the door before they could stop me.

i yanked the car door open and slammed it after me, my focus only on kylie to this point, not giving a shit about anything else.

the car engine roared as i slowly pulled out of the driveway, driving to god knows where.

i was gonna search the whole city of los angeles for her if i had to, i just needed to know if she was okay.

but who knows how long she's been running for, she could be hours away for all i know.

i wiped my watery eyes quickly as i tightened my hands on the steering wheel, swerving the car through the interaction.

"i'm gonna find you, baby." i mumbled to myself, the outside world suddenly becoming a blur to me as everything began to slow down, my heart racing as i slammed my foot harder on the accelerator.