19 | goodbye

justin

"i hate it when you drive my car." kylie mumbled as she faced the window. "i feel like you're gonna crash it—"

"relaaax baby." i bit my lip as i tightened my grip on the wheel. "i've done this many times."

i rolled my eyes playfully as i sat back in my seat.

"i cant believe we start senior year in 4 weeks." i twisted my lips. "summer went by too fast and it kinda sucked."

justin shot his attention towards me and gasped.

"it sucked?" he placed his hand over his heart. "i'm so offended."

"n—no you're fine." i chuckled. "i mean you weren't fine you were amazing but everything else that happened—"

"i know i know." he sighed as he licked his lips nervously. "i'm just glad that we're doing this."

he placed his hand over mine as he squeezed it gently.

i smiled slightly as i lifted up his hand in mine and showered it with kisses.

"i love you." i whispered as i held our hands next to my cheek.

"i love you more." as he leaned over and placed a kiss by my ear.

we were interrupted with the sound of justin's phone going off, as i grabbed it and saw that it said unknown.

i furrowed my eyebrows as i swiped right and placed it on speaker.

i motioned to justin to start talking.

"uh—hello?" he cleared his throat awkwardly.

after a few moments of silence, a loud sob escape someone's mouth as they cried through the speakers.

i raised an eyebrow and felt my heart pick up the pace.

"hello—?"

"j—justin." i heard a girl squeak.

justin's expression immediately went blank as his jaw tightened and his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"hailey?" he whispered.

another loud sob erupted making me twist my lips in confusion.

"hailey what's wrong—"

"i—i can't do this anymore justin." she mumbled. "i can't stop thinking about you and i still love you so much and i can't go on living like this knowing that you hate me and i just wanna die—"

"hey hey hailey, i don't hate you." he twisted his lips as he kept his eyes on the road.

"y—you broke up with me over the phone." she croaked.

my throat went dry as i waited for what justin was about to say next.

"that doesn't mean i hate you—i just—i was stupid i didn't know how to tell you i panicked—"