9 | confession

justin

once kylie saw me she came running towards me and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"i missed you so much." she whispered into my chest.

i furrowed my eyebrows playfully and patted her back.

"it's only been like a week, damn you weren't gone for years." i chuckled as i rubbed her back. "but i missed you too."

she pulled away and smiled big at me, like she literally hasn't seen me in ages.

we walked over to the swings and sat by each other while we both began to tell stories, i told her stories about hailey and she told me stories about hawaii and this guy she met.

"wow get it girl." i fist bumped her and continued to laugh along.

a few minutes later as the sun began to set, i stared at the sky but i still felt her eyes on me.

kylie

i stared at his caramel brown eyes while he admired the sunset, my heart beating faster by the second.

i mean the sunset was pretty, but justin was all i was thinking about right now.

"justin." i breathed. "i–i have to tell you something."

fuck, am i doing this?

justin turned his head and faced me instantly, furrowing his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly.

"im listening." he spoke softly.

i swallowed hard and rubbed my head. no, i shouldn't do this.

"actually, never mind its stupid." i mumbled as glanced down and kicked a rock, kicking it around before i felt him grab my arm and pull me towards him, so that we were back to face to face.

"woah woah woah, nothing's stupid. come on i won't judge. i'm here to listen." he raised an eyebrow and rubbed my back.

i sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, a wave of uneasiness washing over me as i breathed deeply.

i rubbed my sweaty palms down my leggings and looked up at him before finally stuttering out a couple words.

"t—the past few weeks got me thinking a lot." i mumbled. "i—i started thinking differently about um. you." i whispered.

justin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and took a step towards me, making my stomach twist even more.

"what do you mean?" he caressed my cheek gently, sending chills down my back.

"i—i may have developed some feelings." i mumbled as i shut my eyes.

i could tell that justin was starting to understand where i was coming from, but didn't wanna assume anything so he stayed silent.

"what kind of feelings?" justin asked softly as he bit his lip, making me sigh with frustration.

"god damn it justin i love you!" i blurted but quickly covered my mouth.

"well i love you too, you're my best friend—"

"no justin." i groaned and rubbed my head nervously. "i—i'm in love with you." i breathed.

i felt tears start to form in my eyes as i slowly looked up at his face. he was just, frozen.

"oh." he barely whispered.

he slowly peeled his hand off of my face and swallowed hard, making my heart break as full of regret overwhelmed my body.

"j—justin." i whimpered, the worst scenarios circling my head at how this would end.