twenty eight.

camila.

From Lo:

No, I'm not breaking up with you. It's just a break.

I quickly grabbed my phone and replied to her message.

To Lo:

How long do you need?

From Lo:

A week or two...

To Lo:

Alright. Do you have somewhere to go?

From Lo:

Not yet. I'll figure it out though, don't worry about me.

To Lo:

Let me get you a hotel room at least.

From Lo:

No, Camz, it's fine. I can just get an Airbnb for a cheap price.

To Lo:

Okay...but if you need anything, text or call me.

From Lo:

I will. Bye Camz.

To Lo:

I love you. I hope you know that.

To Lo:

It's okay if you don't want to say it back.

To Lo:

Okay, bye.

She didn't reply so I put my phone back down and continued working.

---

"So what's going on with you and Lauren?" Dinah asked. "We're on a break." I replied, sipping on a cup of coffee. "Since when?" She asked. "Yesterday." I answered. "Do you know why she left and got drunk?" She asked. "No, I don't want to push it." I replied. "You have to! You deserve an answer Mila." She slammed the table, getting the attention of everyone in the coffee shop.

"Can you please not attract attention?" I asked. "Oops. But she should tell you the reason." She whispered-yelled over the table. "She cried thirty minutes after having sex then left the apartment and got drunk. She's obviously overwhelmed by something and can't tell me." I said. "But do you know why?" She asked. "I'm giving her space Dinah, stop it." I replied as she dropped he conversation.

The bell on the glass entrance jingled and I looked up to see Lauren walking in. "She's over there." I told Dinah and she turned around. "Yo Ralph!" Dinah called. "Dinah! What are you doing?" I asked, watching Lauren as she turned around, revealing her bloodshot eyes and puffy eyebags and making eye contact with me. My heart sank at her current state but I gave her a small smile and she dropped eye contact with me, quickly rushing out of the coffeeshop. "Look what you did!" I scolded Dinah. "What? I wanted to get you answers." She said. "Leave her alone please? Just during our break?" I pleaded. "Fine." She replied.

To Lo:

Sorry about Dinah.

From Lo:

It's fine.

---

[one week later]

From Lo:

Hey, I'm ready to talk. Let's meet up.

To Lo:

How about our apartment?

From Lo:

Sure, I'll be there at 8.

To Lo:

Okay, see you.

I looked at the clock on my phone and it was six pm so I decided to take a nap.

I woke up to something running through my hair and looked to see Lauren looking at me while stroking my hair. "Oh, hi." She pulled her hand back. I think I know how this talk goes... But I smiled at the affection. "What time did you come in?" I asked, sitting up and grabbing my phone to check the time and it was eight pm. "seven-ish, I rang the doorbell but you didn't answer so I opened the door." She explained. "That's fine, you live here anyways." I replied and she smiled nervously.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked. "Have you taken dinner?" She asked, avoiding the subject. "Not yet." I replied, going along with whatever she's trying to do. "Why not?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "I took a nap at six." I answered. "Luckily I brought dinner, let's eat first." She replied, getting up. I got up as well and followed her into the kitchen. "I got us Chinese food, is that okay?" She asked. "Yea it's fine." I smiled, sitting down. I opened the takeout box and dug in.

We finished eating and I waited for Lauren so we could finally talk. "So, you wanted to talk?" I asked. "Let's talk in the living room." She stalled and left the kitchen. I sighed and followed behind then sat down on the couch with her. "So erm..." She said nervously. "Look, I already know where this conversation is going." I spoke. "Really?" She asked. "Yea and all I want is a reason." I said. "Well...we haven't been spending much time together and basically I fell out of love with you." Her voice cracked as she started crying and my heart broke. "I found out when we had sex and I didn't feel anything, that's why I cried and got drunk and shit." She cried, wiping off her tears. I started tearing up as I listened to her. "So I asked for a break to maybe, I don't fucking know, try to love you again?" She threw her hands up in frustration.

"I'm sorry, I'm the worst." She said, grabbing a handful of tissues. "It's alright, I understand. I'm a shit girlfriend." I replied. "It's not you Camz, it's me." She said. "Hey, it's both of our faults, I didn't try to maintain our relationship and you fell out of love because of that." I reassured, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry Camz." She cried harder and I pulled her into a hug. "It's okay." I said. "I'm going to move out." She replied. "Just take your time, there's no rush." I said, pulling away and grabbing her hands. "Can we still stay as friends?" She asked. "Sure." I smiled.

Lauren left after awhile and I got up from the living room then went to the bedroom. I sat down on the bed and suddenly burst into tears then proceeded to cry myself to sleep.

---

y'all probably hate me for this chapter. don't worry camren will be end game, give it a few chapters.

also, I really appreciate all of you guys reading my story 😊😊 and i love your comments lmao.

and camila's first show as a solo artist, i'm so proud and happy for her ahhhh.

have a nice day.