forty four.

lauren.

"Cammie, who's that?" I asked, holding my phone up to my daughter's face. Camila was away to perform on a talk show in Los Angeles and I had to stay in New York. "Ma?" Camden mumbled. "Yea! It's Mama! Say hi baby." I said and Camila smiled over Facetime. "Cammie!" Camila called. "Ma!" Camden said and I smiled, kissing her head.

"We miss you baby

"We miss you baby." I said. "I miss you guys too." She replied. "When are you coming home again?" I asked. "Tomorrow morning so I'll reach home by afternoon." She said. "That's too long." I pouted. "I'm sorry baby, that's the earliest flight they have." She said. "It's okay baby, as long as you take over mommy duties when you come home." I replied, kissing Camden who was too busy staring at herself on my phone. "Okay, look, I need to go soon. Are you going to watch the show?" She asked. "Of course baby but just your part only though." I said. "I need to go film now. Bye Cammie!" She replied and Camden reached out to touch my phone screen. "You wanna touch Mama? Tell her to come home soon." I said, grabbing her arm and making her wave. "Bye, I love you babe." Camila smiled. "I love you too, take care of yourself okay?" I asked and she nodded. We said our goodbyes again then ended the call.

"You wanna go out?" I asked Camden but she just stared at me. "Let's go on a walk." I said, placing Camden on the bed and got dressed before dressing Camden. I pulled out the stroller and set it up then packed all the things Camden might need. "Leo! Let's go on a walk." I called and Leo ran into the bedroom. I put on his collar and hooked on his leash. I placed Camden into the stroller and left the apartment.

"Ma..." Camden mumbled. "Mama comes home tomorrow baby." I said, tickling her belly and giving her her banana stuff toy that Camila had insisted to buy for her and it seems to be her favourite. "Na...Na...Na..." Camden said. "Say banana Cammie. Banana." I replied. "Ba?" She said. "Banana." I repeated. "Banana." She said and I smiled. "Yea! Good job Cammie. Your mama is going to be so proud." I said.

Shit.

I just realised her first word is banana.

"Banana." Camden said for the fifth time today. "Yea, banana." I replied, sitting down with my coffee. "Hey, you're Lauren right?" A girl walked up and asked. "Yea." I answered. "Oh my gosh, hi! I'm a big fan of Camila." She said with a big smile on her face. "Hi, Camila is in LA today so she isn't here with me." I replied. "It's fine, I've met Camila before, she's amazing." She said. "I know." I mumbled, smiling to myself.

"Do you want to meet Camden?" I asked. "Can I?" She asked and I nodded, turning the stroller towards her. "Hi Camden!" She said. "Banana." Camden replied, playing with her banana toy. "Great first impression Cam." I laughed. "She just learned how to say banana so that's what she's been saying for the past three hours." I explained. "Following her mother huh?" The girl asked. "Yea, I can't wait for Camila to know." I replied. "Ma...ma?" Camden said. "Yes baby?" I asked, picking her up. "She has more of Camila's facial features then has your eyes." She said. "Yea, my mini Cabello." I kissed my daughter's cheek.