thirty.

lauren.

[a month later.]

I walked into the office with a coffee in my hand. "You look rough." Normani said as I dropped my bag and sat down. "You already know why." I mumbled and turned on my computer. "It's not your fault that you fell out of love. It's actually good that you were honest about it and didn't drag yourself into something that will upset you." She said. "You better not let Dinah know you said that to me, she'll come after my ass." I replied. "She won't." She said. "Did you seen that death glare she gave when she came to pick you up?" I asked. "She's just protective." She replied.

"Whatever." I said and started working. "Hey Lauren." Ally walked up to my desk.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked. "Nothing much, are you okay? You don't look very well." She asked. "I'm just tired, don't worry." I replied. "Okay, let's grab lunch together this afternoon." She said. "Sure." I smiled and she walked away. "So what's up with you and Ally?" Normani asked. "Nothing, we're just friends." I replied.

"So you and Camila broke up a month ago?" Ally asked as she ate her lunch. "Yea." I replied, looking down and stabbed my pasta with my fork. "What happened? You two looked so cute together." She asked. "We were too busy for each other." I mumbled. "Okay, I'll stop asking now. So do you like baking?" She changed the subject which I was grateful for. "I don't really bake but I really like baked goods." I answered. "Really? Do you like cookies?" She asked. "I love cookies." I said. "Great! I baked a bunch of cookies yesterday, I can give you some to try." She replied. "Oh really? Thanks." I smiled. We finished up our meal and headed back to the office and I continued working till the time to knock off of work.

"You leaving soon?" Normani asked as she packed up. "I just need to finish up a few things, don't wait up." I replied and her phone rang. "Hey babe." Normani smiled as she talked to her girlfriend.

"Are you at Mila's house?" The mention of my ex-girlfriend's name caught my attention. "Oh, you are? I'll head over now, need me to pick up anything?" She asked. "More berries? Her pregnancy craving are going haywire nowadays."

Wait. Pregnancy cravings?

Pregnant?

Camila is pregnant?

"Okay, I'll go now. See you, bye I love you." Normani said and ended the call. "Camz- I mean Camila is pregnant?" I asked. "You were listening to my phone call?" She asked, ignoring my question. "Yes, I was, I'm sorry. You were talking about her. But is she pregnant?" I asked, standing up and she sighed. "Yea." She replied. "It is mine?" I asked. "Yes, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Camila hasn't made a move to let anyone else know about it." She said. "Okay..." I replied, sitting back down, trying to take in everything.

"I won't tell her or Dinah that you know. You figure out what you want to do with that information." Normani said and I nodded then she left.

A fucking child.

The doctor said that the possibility of me getting someone pregnant is low, but it still happened. I remember wearing protection. Oh fuck, the night I left, fuck.

"Hey Lauren." Ally said with a smile and frowned when she saw my facial expression. "You alright?" She asked. "Yea, I'm fine." I mumbled. "Are you going to stay or are you leaving soon?" She asked. "I'm leaving." I said, saving my work and packing up. "I'll wait for you." She replied. I quickly packed so Ally didn't have to wait too long.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked as we left the office. "Sure." Ally replied. "I'm asking for advice for a friend of mine and he and his ex has broken up for about two months." I said and she nodded, waiting for me to continue. "And he found out that he got her pregnant from a friend. Now he doesn't know what to do." I continued. "Oh dear, how old are they?" She asked. "Around my age." I replied. "Well, I say take responsibility and care for the mother and baby. He doesn't have to get back together with the mother, just provide her with support." She said and I nodded. "Thanks, I'll tell him that." I replied.

I went back to my apartment and didn't have the appetite to eat. I grabbed my ziplock bag full of greens and packed a bowl before smoking it on my bed.

I need a distraction.

camila.

"I'm going to get us lunch, what do you want?" Dinah asked. "I'll just eat whatever your order." I replied. "You sure? What if I get bananas, huh?" She asked. "Don't, I swear, thinking about it already makes me sick." I said. "Jeez, the pregnancy has changed you." She replied. "Just go get the food." I said. "Okay, okay, call me if you change your mind." She replied and left the apartment.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. "Dinah, I swear if you get bananas for lun-L-Lauren?" I stumbled over my words when my ex was standing at the door. "Hey..." She said, offering a small smile. "I-erm, come in." I replied, moving aside to let her in. She walked in and I noticed the range of berries in her hands and bananas.

Berries...

Does she know?

"I bought you some fruits, heard you really like berries now." She said, placing down the boxes of berries and bananas. "Thanks." I replied, sitting down on the couch and shamelessly grabbing a box of blueberries and opening it. She watched me for a few seconds and I could see her eyes drifting to my stomach then back up at my face. "So I heard about, erm..." She hesitated and I waited for her to continue. "You're pregnant?" She asked softly and I sighed, nodding. "It is mine?" She asked again and I nodded. "When?" She asked, playing with the ring in her thumb. "The night when you ran out and got drunk. We were too caught up in the moment to remember to use a condom." I replied and she buried her face in her hands.

Shit.

She doesn't want the baby?

She sat up and looked down at her hands. "I'm sorry." She mumbled. "For what?" I asked. "We shouldn't have done it and you wouldn't have gotten pregnant." She said. "It's fine, we can't change it now." I tried to comfort her. "It's the guilt Camila, I can't." Her hand flew to her face to wipe off her tears.

No more Camz?

That hurts.

"What guilt?" I asked. "I shouldn't even have slept with you in the first place." She answered and I was confused. "What?" I asked. "By that time I had doubted my feelings for you and I just thought maybe I could feel something again but I got you pregnant instead." She explained and I was a little angry but seeing her cry just made me sad.

"It's okay, we already did it, we can't change it." I said. "Look, I want to support you, only if you want to, of course." She replied and I was relieved she didn't want me to abort the baby. "Sure." I said and she smiled. "So when's the next check up?" She asked, taking a few blueberries when I offered it to her. "Next week." I said. "Tell me the details later, I'll be there." She replied.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked. "Of course, I have to take my part of the responsibility of this." She said and my heart fluttered while my mind started imagining about the future where we are looking after the baby. "That good." I replied and the front door opened. "Chanch, I got you a sub is that- why is she here?" Dinah asked, glaring at Lauren. "She wanted to talk." I said. "Get out." Dinah ignored me. "Dinah, don't be like that." I said. "It's alright, I'll leave." Lauren got up and headed for the door.

"Wait." I called and Lauren turned around. "As much as I appreciate you buying the fruits, can you take home the bananas?" I asked. "Why? I thought you love bananas." She replied. "The baby doesn't like them." I said. "That's unfortunate, I'll take it back then." She replied and grabbed the bananas on the table before leaving.

"Did you really have to?" I asked Dinah. "I'm still angry at her for hurting you." She said. "She came over to tell me that she wants to support the baby and I." I replied, sitting down and eating more blueberries. "Really?" She asked. "Yea, she wants to go to the check up next week." I said. "Okay, I got you a sub." She replied, passing a bag to me.

---

VMAS!!!! i'm so happy for the girls and they better perform a new song off their self titled album.

i've been writing out all these chapters lately so chapters are going to be posted frequently (i hope.)

have a good day.