thirty four.

lauren.

"Where are you right now?" Camila asked over the phone. "Book store." I replied, squeezing the phone between my ear and shoulder and skimming through a book about pregnancy. "Nerd." I heard from the other side of the line. "Bitch, you keep a copy of To Kill A Mockingbird in your purse." I fired back , placing the book into the basket I had. "True, what books are you looking at?" Camila asked. "What to expect when your wife is expecting." I read out the title of a book I pulled out.

"Yea, your wife." She said and I smiled. Maybe. "Are you home right now?" I asked, picking up another book that looked interesting and placed it in the basket. "Yea, Leo misses you a lot, don't you baby?" I heard barking and whimpering on the other side of the line. "I'm coming back soon." I said, walking to the cashier to pay for the books. "Okay, see you, can you pick up some berries for me please?" She asked. "Of course, see you too." I replied and we ended the call. I kept my phone and pulled out my wallet to pay for the books.

"Your wife is pregnant?" The cashier asked as she handed me the bag of books and took the card I gave her. "Yea." I played along with the whole wife thing. "Congrats!" She said as we waited for the payment to go through. "Thanks." I smiled. She passed me my card and I smiled again, leaving the store. I crossed the road to the grocery store across the road. I grabbed a basket, walked over to the fruit section and took a few boxes of berries.

I walked to the chocolate section and bought Camila's favourite chocolate then picked up some flowers. I quickly paid for them then headed back to Camila's. I rang the doorbell and the door opened, revealing Camila with Leo in her arms. "Aw Lo, you didn't have to buy flowers or anything else." She said. "I wanted to." I smiled, kissing her head and rubbing Leo's head before entering the apartment.

"Let me take these." Camila offered, taking the bag of groceries from me. "You just want food." I laughed. "I'm pregnant, shut up." She replied and I held my hands up in defence. I placed the books on the coffee table along with my bag then went to the kitchen with the flowers. Camila had a mouthful of raspberries in her mouth and I laughed. "You're adorable." I said, kissing her forehead before getting a vase from the cupboard.

I placed the flowers in the vase then walked over to Camila. "Feed me one." I said, opening my mouth. "No, it's mine." She replied, eating the raspberries by herself. "I bought them." I argued. "I asked you to buy them for me." She argued back. "But it's my money." I said. "Whatever that's yours becomes mine, that's how being girlfriends work." She replied.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yup." Camila replied, eating more raspberries. I smiled and kissed her cheek then stole a raspberry from her hand. "Rude!" She said, swinging her hand behind and managed to hit me in the balls. "Ow! Fuck!" I cursed, cupping myself. "Oh shit! I'm sorry!" Camila said. "It's fine." I replied, sitting on the floor. "I didn't hit you too hard, did I?" She asked, sitting down on the floor with me as well. "Not that hard but it hurts like a bitch." I hissed.

"Let me see if it's bruised or not." She said. "W-What?" I asked. "Let me check for bruises. I've seen you before, don't worry." She said. "But not up close." I mumbled. "Babe, it's okay, I don't care how you look, you're beautiful." She said and I smiled.

"Also I've put my mouth on your dick so I've seen it up close."

"Way to spoil the mood Camz."

"Whatever, now can you take off your pants so I can check for bruising?" She asked and I undid my belt and pants. I stood up and pulled my pants and boxer-briefs down to my ankles. Camila placed Leo on floor and he ran out of the kitchen. "Even my dog is disgusted." I said. "Hey, he has one too, he can't be disgusted." Camila replied and I kept quiet.