Chapter 1

Your POV

        The scarlet train whistled its final warning before taking off from the platform. You slid into your usual train compartment where your best friend, Lily Evans, was waiting.
"I think Potter spotted me," you said with a grimace. As if on cue, the door slid open behind you. Lily groaned as four boys traipsed in, led by none other than James Potter.
"Hello, Lily, (Y/N)."
"Every single year, Potter. You just don't give up," Lily said with a voice like ice, frowning.
"I'll keep trying, don't worry," James smiled, without noticing her tone. "One day you will realize your undying love for me."
"Ha! As if," she returned, her tone just as harsh.
You raise your wand, threatening the boys. "I'll give you five seconds before I hex you," you said quietly. Lily raises her wand too, eyes narrowed. The boys, knowing from past experience that you aren't joking, hop up and run out, tripping over each other.
"Every man for themselves!" James hollered as he sprinted out of the door.
"What a drama queen," you said with a roll of your (E/C) eyes. Lily nods her head in agreement with a laugh.
Sirius was the last one to the door, which had slammed shut behind James. He ran straight into it. He screamed James' name as he wrenched open the door and ran out. You and Lily just laugh.
   "They never learn, do they?" you said, a smile on your lips, as Lily headed out of the compartment to perform her Prefect duties.
                                -----