Chapter 24

Your POV

You woke up on Christmas morning, bright and early. You lay in Remus' bed in his dormitory, his arms wrapped around you. You rolled over in his grasp so were facing him. "Remus!" you said, trying to wake him up. "Remus, wake up! It's Christmas!"
He groaned and, without opening his eyes, said, "Ten more minutes."
You lightly kissed the tip of his nose. "Get up! We have presents!"
He mumbled something that sounded like, "I just wanna sleep," and tightened his hold on your waist. His breathing slowed and deepened, once again asleep. You sighed, trying to think of a way to wake him up.
All of a sudden, you rolled out of Remus' grasp and on top of him. You started shaking his shoulders, once again chanting his name. "Remus! Remus! Wake up, Remus!"
His eyes opened, cloudy with sleep. He blinked a few times, clearing them. "Fine! I'll get up! What time is it?" he groaned.
You looked over at the clock on the wall, and said, "5:40. Whoops, didn't realize it was that early! Well, no use going back to sleep since we're already up."
"Can you please keep it down? Some of us are trying to get some sleep!" Sirius moodily grumbled.
You laughed, loudly exclaiming, "It's Christmas! Wake up!" A chorus of groans met your ears, clearly not excited to get up. "We have presents!" Finally, the boys perked up slightly and climbed out of bed.
You quickly hopped out of Remus' bed and ran to the girls' dormitory. You shook Lily awake, excitedly whispering, "It's Christmas! Get up!"
She too groaned, not sharing your enthusiasm for waking up early in the morning on Christmas. You sprinted back to the Common Room, seeing the four boys trudging down the stairs, sleepy.
     Next to the Christmas tree was a huge pile of presents. You started handing them out as your friends reached the Common Room and sat down. Then, you took a seat in Remus' lap, excitement showing on your face. He instinctively placed his arms around your waist, this time loosely. Everyone began opening presents at the same time. You received loads of candy, some books you looked forward to reading, and some Quidditch supplies.
     When you opened Remus' gift, you gasped. Your mouth hung open. It was a beautiful but simple gold necklace, with two hearts combined.

     Remus smiled at your reaction

     Remus smiled at your reaction. "It's 14K gold, goblin made. I ordered it special for you."
     "I-I don't even know what to say. This must have been really expensive! Goblin made, Merlin's Beard! Remus, you shouldn't have spent so much on me!"
     "But I wanted to," he replied, still smiling. "The look on your face made it totally worth it. Want me to help you put it on?"
     You nodded, handing him the box containing the necklace. Remus' fingers brushed your (H/C) hair aside, goosebumps rising at his touch. He strung the necklace around your neck and clasped it at the back.
     You murmured a thanks, still in awe. He kissed your forehead, and you snuggled into his warm chest.
     After a little over an hour of opening presents, everyone went to their dormitories to get ready for Christmas. A few other early risers were awake and opening their presents. You picked an outfit out, deciding to be festive but comfy. You wear a comfy Christmas jumper, black leggings, and festive socks. Your (H/C) hair remained down and you wore minimal makeup.