Chapter 13

Your POV

       The next two weeks pass in a whirlwind. You and Remus restart your tradition of sitting in front of the fire and reading, playing a game, doing homework, or just talking. You assume that the plotting of Lily and the Marauders has reached a cessation, for the four of them often join you and Remus.
     Your workload from classes has increased infinitely. On days when the homework load is particularly heavy, you and Remus tackle it together by the fire.
      James tries to convince Lily to go with him to Hogsmeade on a double date with you and Remus for a week and a half. Finally, she gives in. You're happy that she will be there, for you are quite nervous for your first date.
     Finally, the day of your Hogsmeade date with Remus arrives.
                          -----
     You feel someone shaking you lightly, calling your name. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Wake up! It's Hogsmeade today!"
    You open your eyes and the world finally comes into focus. The outfit you picked out yesterday, with Lily's approval, is neatly folded on top of your trunk.
     Your outfit consists of skinny jeans, a creme colored jumper, and black heeled boots.

    You do your makeup, simple like always, and style your hair in a half-up half-down bun

    You do your makeup, simple like always, and style your hair in a half-up half-down bun. Lily nods in approval.
    Lily's outfit consists of skinny jeans, a grey and navy jumper, and brown heeled boots. She puts her long, red hair up in a ponytail.

      You and Lily walk down the stairs to the common room

      You and Lily walk down the stairs to the common room. James and Remus are sitting on a couch, talking. They both look up and rise from the couch as you two draw nearer.
     "You look beautiful, (Y/N)," Remus says. You blush and murmur a thanks.
     "Lily, my gorgeous girlfriend, you look simply ravishing," James dramatically says to Lily, his signature cocky grin on his face.
"James, I'm not your girlfriend! We are going as friends!" Lily replies angrily.
"Whatever you say, Lily." The grin never leaves James' face. Lily rolls her eyes.
"Well, let's go to breakfast," you say, breaking the awkward pause in the conversation.
You all turn toward the portrait hole. As you walk, Remus grabs your hand. You continue walking toward the Great Hall, hand-in-hand, smiling.
-----
      After breakfast, the four of you take the train to Hogsmeade. On the way, you discuss where you want to go when you arrive.
     "Let's go to the Three Broomsticks and get butterbeer," James suggests.
    "And after that we can just walk around and go in all the shops," Lily adds.
    "Sounds good," you reply with a smile.
    Finally, the train arrives at the station. You head toward the Three Broomsticks, hand-in-hand with Remus.
      You take a seat at a booth and order four butterbeers. Remus sits next to you, with Lily and James across from you.
The four of you talk about your Professors, classes, and Quidditch. James asks you if you are going to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. You reply that you might.
After a little while, you and Remus begin a separate conversation from Lily and James. With it already being November, Christmas is drawing nearer, and you and Remus discuss your plans.
     "I usually go home for Christmas, but I think I'm staying at Hogwarts this year," you say.
    "Awesome! I'm staying here too," Remus replies.
     Lily and James overhear you discussing Christmas and join in the conversation.
     "I'm staying this year, too! We should throw a Christmas party!" Lily adds.
     "That'd be awesome! I bet I could convince someone to get some Firewhiskey," James says, his cocky grin returning to his face.
     "And the house elves would be happy to make us food," you reply.
     "We could make it an inter-house party, because I bet a lot of kids will be going home for break," Remus says. "And James, we don't need Firewhiskey." James rolls his eyes.
      "And there's Remus, the mature one," you respond with a smile, playfully hitting his arm.
      "Oh, shut up," he replies, smiling too.
      "I can make the invitations," Lily says, bringing your thoughts back to the party. "Winter break starts on the sixteenth, so let's have the party on the nineteenth."
    "That's good, cause it won't be too close to Christmas and we'll have time to set up for the party once break starts.
    "I have Prefect duties on the nineteenth since I'm staying for break," Remus says, glum.
     James responds hopefully, "We can start the party after you get back from your duties."
     "Well, okay. This'll be fun! But no Firewhiskey, James, don't forget: I'm a Prefect." Remus looks at James sternly.
    "Whatever you say, Mr. Prefect." James cocky smile is brighter than ever.
      You four continue talking about the party whilst finishing your butterbeers. James stands up, looking toward the bar, saying, "I'll be right back. I just need to ask someone, er, for a favor."
       You, Lily, and Remus look at one another, knowing exactly what James is doing. Once he is out of earshot, you whisper, "Firewhiskey."
      Lily sighs and stands up. "I'd better go with him so he doesn't do anything stupid."
      You and Remus are left alone. He says to you with a smile, "I've had a lot of fun today so far, (Y/N). Next date, though, I want it to just be the two of us."
     You smile back, saying, "I agree, because then I won't feel awkward doing this." You lean forward and press your lips to his. You can tell he is taken by surprise, but he kisses you back softly.
     When you finally break apart, you see James and Lily walking back toward you. They give no indication that they saw you two kissing.
    You can't help but blush. When Lily notices this, she cocks an eyebrow and casts you a look. You're sure that you'll be telling her about your kiss later.
                                  -----