Chapter 7

Your POV

           Today, you woke up early. Calling her name, you woke your best friend Lily. "We won't miss breakfast today! Score!" you told her with a grin.
After getting on your uniform, you arrange your (H/C) hair into a messy Dutch braid. Simple, but cute. Today, you actually have time for makeup. Like always, you keep it simple by only wearing concealer over your under eyes and mascara on your lashes.
"For whom are you looking nice for?" Lily asks while raising an eyebrow, in an attempt to rekindle last nights conversations about boys.
You laugh as you say, "No one Lily, honestly!" You can't help thinking of Remus' bright green eyes and messy, dark blonde hair. His laugh rings in your ears. Focus, (Y/N), you tell yourself. You don't like him!
  You are starting to believe yourself less with each passing moment.
"Let's go to breakfast, I'm starving!" Lily says, pulling you from your thoughts.
-----
Today was another rainy day, however no lightning danced across the sky today. The enchanted ceiling of the Great Hall was dull grey with clouds and had rain cascading down from it, fading out before it reached the heads of students.
You and Lily sat down to breakfast. You couldn't help but smirk when James sat down next to Lily, causing her to roll her eyes and sigh. You fought the urge to laugh as you thought of your conversation which had taken place the previous night.
    After breakfast was Charms class. You had always excelled at Charms, and had gotten an "Outstanding" on your O.W.L. the previous year. As you and Lily walked into the classroom, you noticed that all the desks had been cleared away from the center. This left ample space for the interactive lesson planned for today.
    "Settle down, class!" tiny Professor Flitwick squeaked over the roar of the class. "Today, we will be practicing Nonverbal Charms, like you read about for homework."
     Several people took the opportunity to groan, possibly because they had not read the textbook.
     "I will be pairing you off in random order," the Professor continued. He began to read names off a piece of parchment. Lily was paired with Sirius Black. She brooded over this fact. You saw her steal glances at James Potter, who had been paired with a Ravenclaw girl. To Lily's delight, the girl obviously wished she could have anyone else in the room as her partner.
    Finally, your name was called. "...(Y/N) and Remus Lupin..." Your heart fluttered at this, as you attempted to keep you face from blushing. Lily noticed this failed attempt and raised her eyebrows. Her smile said 'we'll discuss this later.'
Remus smiled at you as he walked over to where you were standing. His smile caused an eruption of butterflies in your stomach. You nervously tucked a stray piece if hair behind your ear. Like you, he too was a talented charms student. "I'm sure we'll both have no problem with this lesson today," he said.
Sure enough, just minutes later you were both casting Nonverbal Charms at one another, blocking the others charms. "Well done, well done!" Professor Flitwick said, beaming, as he walked by. "You two can be done with this lesson for today! And no homework for the pair of you!"
"Told you we'd be good at this lesson," Remus muttered to you, cocking an eyebrow, after the Professor walked away.
You laughed in response, thinking he was right.
For the rest of the class time, you and Remus just talked, for lack of anything better to do. The more time you spent with Remus, the more you realized the truth: you totally fancied him.
-----