Chapter 19

James' POV

     James, Lily, Sirius, and Peter went to check on (Y/N) and Remus. They walked through the Hospital Wing door, only to be ambushed by Madam Pomfery. "Only three!" she shrieked.
     "We just want to check on our friends quickly!" James replied, equally upset.
     "No! Only three!" Madam Pomfery stayed strong.
     "We'll just be here for five minutes!" Lily argued.
     "I'll give you three minutes! If you're not out by then, I am calling the head of your house!" She stormed away.
     The four friends quickly continued to where (Y/N)'s hospital bed was. "Looks like they made up," Sirius said, smirking.
     (Y/N) and Remus lay next to each other sleeping, their faces turned toward each other. Remus' arm was slung over (Y/N)'s waist, with her arm around Remus as well.
     "Should I wake Remus up? He'll miss dinner," Peter inquired.
     "Let him sleep. He hasn't slept more than a few hours since before (Y/N) was hurt," Lily answered.
     "We can bring them dinner," James chimed in. "Let's go, guys."
     The four friends turned and began walking away, picking up their pace as they walked by Madam Pomfery, who gave them an evil stare.
                               -----
                            Your POV

     You awoke, feeling refreshed. Remus was still asleep. You took a drink of the water that sat on your bedside table. Also on the table sat two plates of steaming food. You eyed then hungrily. I didn't realize how hungry I was! you thought to yourself, mouth watering.
     Remus began to stir, probably because of your movement. His green eyes opened, which met your (E/C) eyes. He smiled at you, which you returned. His gaze settled on the food on the table, saying, "The others must have brought us dinner."
     "I'm starving!" you replied, handing him one of the plates and a fork.
After you ate dinner, feeling stuffed, Madam Pomfery came by to give you a Healing Draught to help with your pain and speed up recovery. You then took a Sleeping Draught to help you fall asleep. Remus stayed by your side as you fell asleep, stroking your hair and holding your hand. You fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.
                                 -----
     When you woke up again, it was the next morning. Sunlight streamed into the windows, casting a golden glow on everything. Remus was back in his chair next to your bed. His arm was outstretched to yours, holding your hand. Madam Pomfery was bustling about and when she noticed you were awake, she told you sternly, "You can go today, dear. I want you to check back in daily, however. Don't strain yourself. If you feel any pain, come straight here."
     "Did I miss breakfast?" you ask, once again hungry.
     "No, you'll make it. Bring Lupin with you, okay?" she responds, flashing a knowing smile at you, then walking away to another student conflicted with some odd boils on his face.
     You turn your attention to Remus, shaking him awake. His eyes burst open and he quickly says, "What? Is something wrong?"
     "No, everything's fine. Madam Pomfery says I can leave. Let's go to breakfast," you reply, rolling out of your bed.
     You gasp and grab Remus' arm when you stand up, feeling light-headed. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?"
     You shake your head, clearing it, and feeling a bit better. "Just a little light headed. But I'm okay now."
     Remus puts an arm around your waist, supporting you. The two of you continue to walk to the Great Hall.
     You smile at your friends as you sit down. "Are we still on for the Christmas party we were planning?" you ask them, raising an eyebrow.
     "Of course!" Sirius says.
     "Plus I already ordered the Firewhiskey," James adds in an undertone to you.
      "James! I told you not to! I'm a prefect!" Remus angrily replies, shooting James a sharp look. You and the others laugh.
     "I'll start handing out all the invitations!" Lily says, excited. She motions to a bag slung over her shoulder, continuing, "I've got them all in here!"
"We're inviting all the houses, right?" you ask.
"Yes. It'll be more fun that way," James replies.
Sirius cockily grins, saying, "Because there will be more girls there to flirt with." You roll your eyes in response and dig in to your breakfast.
"Yes, it will be fun. But not for that reason." The last part of your statement is aimed at Sirius and you cast him a look, raising your eyebrows.
"I guess now we just wait for the nineteenth!" Lily says, with you and the others nodding in agreement and excitement.
                               -----