Chapter 34

"(F/N)," a voice called in the distance. You made a groaning noise and began to drift back to sleep. The voice repeated again, "(F/N)." You groaned louder and did not open your eyes. "I brought food," the voice said tauntingly.
Your (E/C) eyes tore open and you sat up, finally remembering where Remus had gone. "Merlin, why didn't you just say so?!" you asked, grabbing a plate from him. Remus laughed and shook his head in response. He sat down on the bed next to you.
You began scarfing down your breakfast, the late morning hour causing your hunger. With a face full of food, you turned to face Remus who was smirking at you. "And wha'are you lookin' at, Mist'r?" Your words were garbled by the muffin that was currently shoved in your mouth.
"I'm just basking in your elegance, (F/N). What can I say? It's enthralling," Remus smirked back sarcastically.
"Well it's not my fault you took so long getting the food," you shot back haughtily. "And besides," you swallowed, "you're the one staring."
His smirk turned into a smile. "You're adorable."
     You stuck your tongue out at him in response.
"And mature, I see," Remus added, voice dripping with sarcasm.
You chose to ignore his sarcasm and changed the subject. "Did you see anyone else when you grabbed breakfast?"
"Lily was down in the Great Hall complaining about a headache, Peter was sleeping in the Common Room, who knows where James is, and Sirius is most likely in someone else's bed right now."
Now it was your turn to smirk. "Wonder who it was this time? I know he's had his eye on some Hufflepuff fifth year. I've seen him harassing her multiple times. He claims he's just 'getting to know her,' but you know as well as I do that he has other plans."
"If by plans you mean getting into her pants then yes, I think he makes it rather obvious." Remus rolled his eyes and shook his head at the thought of his friend. "So what are we doing today? Just staying in bed?"
"How about a game of Wizards' Chess?"
     "Sounds good to me. But no pouting when I kick your arse," he taunted.
     You raised an eyebrows, "We'll see about that. I've gotten rather good at it in the past year. So, Remus, no pouting when I kick your arse."
     You and Remus scarfed down the rest of your breakfasts. And then the game commenced.
"Your move first, darling," Remus said provocatively, smirking.
"Pawn to B2," you instructed, the piece moving as you said.
     The game started rather slow, gradually becoming more interesting. At one point, it looked as though Remus would win. But with one move of a bishop you stopped him from winning. Then you had the advantage. However, Remus blocked you from advancing. The game went back and forth until it looked as though Remus was going to win.
     "One more move and I win!" Remus flaunted, his inner competitiveness getting the better of him. He failed to account for one of your knights lurking dangerously close to his king, which you luckily took note of.
     You smiled and said, "Knight to E8." The knight moved, encountering Remus' king piece. The knight swung its tiny sword into the king as you said, "Checkmate."
Remus' mouth dropped open and he furrowed his brows. "How did I miss that? Merlin, I must be blind. And I was so close to winning!" He moodily pushed the chessboard off the bed, the pieces bounding down with it.
At that moment, the door opened to the dormitory causing you and Remus to jump at the sudden noise. In walked James and Sirius. The two boys looked quite out of it, clearly recovering from a night of drinking.
"Hey guys," you said, simply.
"No need to yell, darling," Sirius responded, holding the bridge of his nose. He groaned and fell face first onto his bed. Within seconds, he was snoring softly.
"Well then." Remus voices your question, "Where have you and Sirius been, James?"
"I woke up in the Hufflepuff Common Room very confused, and no, I do not know how I got there," James answered, sounding impatient. "It took me quite a while to find my out of that bloody hellhole. As for Sirius, he said he woke up in some Ravenclaw's bed." James smirked and continued, "One of the Hufflepuff guys said that he heard that Sirius woke her up and she threw him out of their dormitories. Sirius is still quite salty on the subject, though. He claims that never happened. Apparently, he left her on his own accord." James rolled his eyes.
Sirius' voice, muted by the pillow his face rested on, said moodily, "I heard that James. And no, she didn't throw me out of her dormitory. No one can resist me. I'm a ten out of ten, everyone knows that."
You and Remus both rolled your eyes. "Sirius, I heard one of the fifth year Gryffindors say that you were 'at most, a five.'"
Sirius snorted into his pillow. "As if, (F/N)."
James changed the subject, asking with a devilish grin on his face, "I bet I can guess what you two were doing. I see (F/N) is wearing your clothes, Remus. And your bed looks awfully rumpled."
Sirius sat up, smirking, clearly wanting to join in on the current conversation. "You two must've been getting rather frisky, eh?"
You shot Remus as amused expression. Remus replied, "If you must know, we were playing chess."
Sirius' face fell back to its original pout and he fell back onto his bed. James looked disappointed too. "Boooooring!" he said.
"I thought it was fun," you defended with a slight frown on your face.
Remus smiled and put an arm around you saying, "It was fun, (F/N)."
"Even though I beat you?"
"Oh please. I let you win."
Cue your eye roll and smirk.
"Anyways, it's almost lunchtime. You two should get real clothes on and come down to eat. I'll meet you down there. Oh, and maybe try to bring Sirius along, won't you?" And with that, James got up and left the dormitory.
You sighed and looked at Remus. "So much for our lazy day, eh? I guess we'd better get dressed. By the way, I'm stealing one of your sweaters."
———

Hi, thanks for reading! How do you guys feel about the new cover? Don't forget to vote and comment how you like the story so far!