Chapter 30

Your POV

March was now long gone, all remnants of the harsh winter disappeared. April was received with open arms, for you and the other students were eager for Spring. In Herbology, you now learned of exotic flowers, budding for a short time in the early stages of nature's rebirth.
Spring also provided an excellent opportunity for Quidditch. James had you and the rest of the team training extra hard for your last remaining match. It was against Slytherin. The rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin had been going on for as long as history could recount, and the students in your year were no different.
     The Gryffindor Quidditch team was currently behind Slytherin for the Quidditch Cup, but only by a few points. In your team won the match, you would win the Cup. James was even more motivated due to this fact, forcing you and the others to train hard. He wanted to 'beat those pieces of shite and make sure no one ever compares Gryffindor to those lowly beasts again,' as expressed in his latest motivational speech to the team.
     You woke up one Saturday morning late, sleeping in after a particularly hard practice the night before. You groaned as you slid out of bed, the soreness in your muscles prominent. The workout had focused on building muscle and increasing agility, practice time spent mainly on the ground. After quickly changing into a comfy outfit of ripped jeans and a baby pink camisole, you hobbled down to the Common Room, hoping to see Lily or Remus. You were loving the current weather, for it was still cool enough to get away with jeans.

     As you made your way down the stairway, a particular redhead bounded up to you

     As you made your way down the stairway, a particular redhead bounded up to you. An excited grin was evident on Lily's face. You raised your eyebrows in confusion and startledness as she squealed. "What's up with you?" you questioned, confused.
     "We just found out! There's going to be a dance! Merlin, I'm so exited!" Lily shrieked.
     "A dance? For what?"
     "Spring! It's happened in the past and the tradition is being brought back! It was announced at breakfast. Too bad you missed! What are you going to wear? We need to go shopping and get dresses! Also we need dates and-"
     You cut Lily off from her rant, saying, "Slow down! We'll figure everything out!"
Lily took a deep breath, calming herself, and replied, "There was another Hogsmeade trip scheduled for today. If we hurry we can still make it! Let's grab our moneybags and hurry. If I miss the trip I'm blaming it on you, sleepyhead!"
*****
Thirty minutes later, you found yourself in Hogsmeade. Lily grabbed your arm, pulling you towards Gladrags Wizardwear. The shop window featured a plethora of gowns, perfect for the dance. You were looking for a formal gown, floor length, but you were unsure of your preferred color.
As you entered the shop, you and Lily began your searches for a dress. You grabbed a few to try, but none really stood out to you. Until you saw a gorgeous crimson dress on the rack in front of you. It was a floor length, fit and flare gown with an low, open back. It was perfect. This dress was the last one on the rack, luckily in your size.

     You and Lily reached the back of the store, bearing many gowns

You and Lily reached the back of the store, bearing many gowns. You went into the fitting rooms, each taking one next to the other. You saved the crimson gown for last, knowing Lily would force you to try on all the others even if it were perfect.
You pulled on a green mermaid dress, not impressed by it. Lily called to you, "(Y/N), come out here! I really like this one, but I need your opinion."
You opened the door, stepping out. Lily was wearing a gorgeous blush pink satin gown. It was perfect on her.

      "James will be all over you!" you told her, impressed

"James will be all over you!" you told her, impressed. She blushed, shooting you a look. You looked down at you own dress and said, "I'm not very fond of this one."
The dress was too big on you in the waist, but fit perfectly in the bust. Going down a size would make it too tight in the bust. "Yeah, not impressed. Next one!" Lily responded.
You tried on all of the other gowns, save the crimson one. None of them worked for you. Lily's dresses couldn't beat her first one, although they were all pretty.
Finally it was time to try on the crimson dress. You slipped it on, somehow knowing it would be perfect. And it was. The dress hugged your curves, slimmed your waist, and made you legs appear longer than they were. You stepped out of the dressing room, smiling. Lily gasped as you stepped out.
"That is perfect," she said, eyes wide. She smirked, "Remus'll be all over you."
It was now your turn to roll your eyes.
"I'm going to get the first dress I tried on. The blush one. Let's go get changed and buy our dresses!" Lily's excitement for the dresses and the dance were evident.
You changed and bought your gown. "How about we get a quick butterbeer and then head back to the castle?" you suggested, mouth salivating at the thought of warm butterbeer. Lily nodded and you two headed over to the Three Broomsticks.
After ordering, you two gossiped about the dance. "Do you think James'll ask you?" you asked, already knowing the answer.
"He already did," Lily groaned in response. "Twice. I rejected him. You should have seen the look on his face! It was priceless."
You laughed, imagining James growing frustrated by Lily's rejection.
"What about you? You'll be going with Remus, I suppose."
"Yep, I'll go with him. Of course, he has to ask me first."
"Don't worry about that, I'm sure he will," Lily replied nonchalantly, a knowing smile on her face.
Your eyes widened in realization and you sighed. "Lily, what are you planning? Don't do anything over the top," you groaned.
Lily shrugged, saying, "Just forget I said anything. Well, we'd better be going soon. We need to get back to the castle."
You shook your head, knowing that you couldn't change whatever she had planned. You stood up from the table and followed Lily out.
-----
Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long for me to update. Please vote and comment on how you like the story or if you have any recommendations for it!

Wolf With a Lamb's Heart (Young Remus Lupin x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara