Chapter 12

Your POV

After repeating the story of Remus and your kiss, Lily beams saying, "I knew he liked you!"
Your smile from earlier has still not left your face.
"I'll bet he'll ask you out soon, too!" Lily adds, excited. Her words only increase your happiness and give you more hope for your budding relationship with Remus.
                          -----

                    Remus' POV

     "Oi! Why didn't you tell us you were gonna snog her today! We could've been there!" Sirius was upset after Remus finished telling his three other friends about him and (Y/N) snogging.
     Remus laughs, "Sirius, I didn't want you to ruin another kiss between us! Plus, it's not like I planned it."
Sirius rolls his eyes. "I could've kept my mouth shut."
     James responds, "No you couldn't, Padfoot."
     Sirius rolls his eyes again. "Ugh, whatever," he mutters, dramatically. "Anyway, when are you going to ask (Y/N) out?"
       Remus hadn't thought of this yet. He'd been too fixated on the kiss.
"You could ask her to go with you to the next Hogsmeade trip! It's in two weeks," Peter suggests.
"And yes, I promise we won't follow you two or interrupt," Sirius adds.
"Moony, maybe I can get Lily to come with me and we can double date!" James says, raising his eyebrows.
"All right. I will," Remus responds, still confident from his kiss with (Y/N).
-----
When he woke up in the morning, however, Remus was much less confident. What if she doesn't want to date? What if the kiss was just a one time thing? Thoughts run through his head, making his nerves run high.
James doesn't help when he excitedly says, "Today's the day, Moony! You've got to do it today!"
Remus smiles, but the added pressure makes him feel worse.

Your POV

You wake up to a full day of classes. Dreading the day, you wake Lily up, who groans at the early hour, and get dressed. Your makeup is light, like always, but you add a bit of contour and highlight to your face today. Your hair remains down in messy waves.
You and Lily head down to the Great Hall for breakfast. As you walk in, you smile at Remus, who gives you a terrified, clearly forced smile. Why is he acting so strange? you ask yourself, confused. There is no room next to Remus or the Marauders, so you and Lily sit down next to some seventh year Gryffindor students.
After breakfast is Herbology. You and the other sixth year students track through mud caused by previous rainfall as you make your way down to the greenhouse. You look for Remus, but do not see him in the crowd. That's odd, you think, I usually see him walking down to class.
Your confusion is forgotten quickly when you see that you will be working with Venomous Tentacula today.
"Gather round, class," your professor says. "Today, you will work in groups of four with the plant. So group up! No more than four to a group!"
You see James practically sprinting over to you and Lily, dragging Remus with him. "Do you want to be in a group together?" James asks you two.
"Sure," Lily answers immediately, smiling at you. You start to suspect another phase is occurring, due to the familiar smile Lily wears.
    When the two boys are out of earshot, you mutter to Lily, "Phase 2?" without smiling.
     The same smile on her face, Lily replies calmly, "I don't know what you're talking about."
       You see James murmur something to Remus, but you cannot hear him. Whatever he said, it caused Remus to turn positively green.
       You and the rest of the students begin working with the plants. Today's lesson is to draw phials of the venom from the plants. It is dangerous work.
     After successfully removing a few phials full of venom, James swears loudly as he is grabbed from behind by a plant of a neighboring group. Lily casts the spell "diffindo," causing one of the arms of the plant to be severed. James is released from the plant.
     After the commotion, you and Remus find yourselves working together on removing some venom from an arm of the plant. He hasn't said much to you today. You notice Remus glance up at James, and then  back at you.  
     "Remus, are y-" you begin.
     "(Y/N), will y-" he begins at the same time.
     You chuckle, saying, "You first."
     "Erm, (Y/N), do you want to-to go to Hogsmeade with me in two weeks?" His face is frozen in a terrified expression which he doesn't even attempt to conceal.
     "Remus, I'd love to!" you respond, ecstatic.
      He smiles, relieved. As you turn back to your work, you can't help but think Phase 2 complete.
                             -----

Hey everyone! Please leave a comment saying what position you think the main character (you) should play in Quidditch! Thanks!