Chapter 27

Remus' POV

     It was mid-February, after Valentine's Day, when the moon was full again. On that night, Remus had been sitting with (Y/N) at a table in the Common Room doing homework. James, Sirius, and Peter had come down the stairs from the dormitory. "Moony, we need to go," James told him.
     He gave (Y/N) a quick kiss on the head and said, "Good night." He turned to leave with his three friends. As they stepped out of the portrait hole, he muttered to them, "I forgot to tell you all before, but (Y/N) knows you three are animagi. She wants go become one."
     Remus saw the others exchange a glance. He was suspicious of what it meant. "Mate, don't get mad, but we already knew," James tried to explain.
     "And? Clearly that's not the full story." Remus' suspicions grew.
     "Well, she's- sort of, in the process of becoming an animagus," Sirius stumbled, face etched with worry.
     Remus' face had turned pale, and not because of the full moon. "Tell me you're joking. There's no way this is true. No way."
     "Sorry, Remus. But it is," Peter chimed in.
      "Do you know how dangerous it is?! I don't want her getting hurt! I couldn't stop you all but I thought I was be able to stop her. And you all just helped her. I can't believe you three!" Remus vented.
     "Moony, we can't stop her. I think process should be done in one or two days. It's a little too late," James explained.
      Remus groaned. He knew it was too dangerous for (Y/N) to be near him when he was transformed, and he was scared he would hurt her.
                               -----
The next morning, Remus woke up to the familiar sight of the Hospital Wing. Slumped in a chair next to him was (Y/N). She was sleeping peacefully. If it wasn't for his current situation with her becoming an animagus, Remus certainly would have let (Y/N) sleep. Instead, he reached over and tapped her on the shoulder.
(Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes fluttered open, meeting his gaze. She smiled and said, "Morning, Remus."
Her smile was returned with a quick, forced one from Remus. (Y/N)'s face contorted in confusion, clearly surprised by his lack of friendliness. "(Y/N), why didn't you listen?! I know you're becoming an animagus. But you shouldn't! It's too dangerous for you to be near me when I transform! You need to promise you won't use your animagus transformation to come with me on a full moon!" he began, enraged.
     "Remus, it doesn't seem fair to let James, Sirius, and Peter go, but deny your own girlfriend's right to go with you," she said coldly, all traces of kindness eliminated. "And besides, you can't tell me where to go. You're not my mother."
     "It's too dangerous! You could die, (Y/N)! You can't go!"
     (Y/N) rolled her eyes and stood up. "Calm down, mom. I'll do what I want." With that, she turned on her heel and strode out of the hospital wing.
     Remus was left alone, angry. He was annoyed at his three best friends for telling (Y/N) how to become an animagus and he was mad at (Y/N) herself for not seeing her lack of common sense in this situation. He brooded over his conversation with (Y/N) until Madam Pomfery let him leave the Hospital Wing.
                                -----

                           Your POV

      You were very annoyed at Remus as you stormed up to the Gryffindor Common Room. You had just wanted to be with him when he was weakest in his transformed werewolf state, but he had just been rude. It was too late, anyway. You were already complete with the process.
     When you reached the Common Room, you stomped past Sirius, Peter, and James, who attempted to converse with you, and went to wake Lily in your dormitory. "Lily, wake up!" you half-yelled in anger from your situation.
     She groggily opened her eyes, saying, "What happened?" She could evidently sense your anger from your actions.
     "Remus is being awful!" Frustrated, you flung a book from your bed and sat down.
     "What'd he do?" Lily inquired.
     You responded, "You know how I said I was going to become an animagus so I could go with him and the others on a full moon?"
     Her eyes widened as she said, "You actually did it?! I thought you were joking!"
     You said nothing, but raised your eyebrows. Suddenly, you transformed. In place of yourself, the (E/C) eyed girl, stood a red wolf.