Chapter 6

Your POV

After a long and boring day of classes, filled with teachers describing the importance of N.E.W.T. classes, you and Lily sat in your dormitory finishing up your first homework of the year. The other pair of Gryffindor sixth year girls were in the common room, which was currently too noisy for homework.
Lily could not seem to concentrate. Her face was transfixed in a frown, and it was obvious that she was deep in thought. You ignored this for a while, thinking if was just the stress of a new year.
After a few minutes of reading from a Transfiguration textbook, Lily threw down her book and groaned. "Urgh, I can't focus right now!" She seemed upset in a way she never had before.
"What's wrong?" you simply ask.
"(Y/N), I think you know. My blushes earlier weren't of embarrassment. Potter is right. I- I do, erm, fancy him a bit." Her words trailed off until she was barely audible.
Your mouth appeared to be broken at the hinges, it dropped so low. "What?!" you asked. "But you-you hate him! You constantly insult him!"
"I guess that arrogant toerag has grown on me," Lily replied, a small smile dancing across her lips. "I tried to convince myself I didn't fancy him, but I guess I was wrong."
You remained dumbfounded, thinking of all the times Lily and James had been near each other. You remember her face flushing slightly every time and her acting slightly overdramatic and annoyed. It all made sense now.
You began to laugh, your (E/C) eyes lighting up with happiness. "I think you two will be brilliant together."
Lily's troubled expression morphed into one of pure joy. "Oh come on, it's not like I'll be telling anyone else yet. Especially not Potter! And you mustn't tell either!"
"Of course I won't tell anyone, Lily!"
"So. Enough about me. What about you, (Y/N)? Who do you fancy?" Lily's green eyes lit up with hunger for this knowledge, sitting forward a bit.
You thought back for a moment to Remus, but quickly brushed the memory off. "Well... I guess no one right now. I'm really, um, focused on classes so I guess I haven't paid much attention to any guys yet." You gave a barely convincing shrug.
Lily raised her eyebrows, clearly not believing you, but she did not pry into the matter. You thought that she was probably saving the topic for another day, when you'd be more likely to talk.
As for you, you felt you weren't lying to Lily, for you still weren't sure how you felt about Remus. Sure, there was a possibility you blushed when he was near. But it certainly could have just been because you were sitting near the fire or had just stopped running. Your thoughts were interrupted by your other roommates walking in. One of them mentioned that a Hogsmeade trip was scheduled for a few weeks, taking your minds off of boys and books for the night.
-----