Early

After a while of talking with everyone and even playing a few games something happened. Something I did not expect happened.

Suddenly my water broke. How could this be? Why did my water break a month early. "Um... Ivan we need to go to the hospital now! My water just broke!" I shouted. Everyone gasped. Ivan helped me to the car and rushed me to the hospital.

*hours later*
I looked at her beautiful face as I held her tiny little body in my arms. She was so beautiful that it was breathtaking. She had my eyes and Ivan's nose. I smiled just at the thought of this being my baby.

I passed her to Ivan. He looked at her with loving eyes. I think I even saw a tear roll down his cheek. I never thought being a parent would change everything.

Erika walked into the room and explained that everyone else was really busy and couldn't come right away. Ivan passed our little girl to Erika. "She is so beautiful" Erika said. I smiled and nodded. "I'm an aunt!" Erika whisper shouted so she wouldn't wake up the baby. I laughed as I looked at them.

*The next day*

We walked in the Team 10 house where everyone was waiting to see the baby. Everyone got a chance to hold her. "What's her name?" Jake asked holding her.

"Hope Ann Martinez" I said smiling. Ann was my grandmothers name. My grandmother and I were very close so when she passed I promised myself I would name my child Ann in honor of her. So that is why we named her Ann.

I grabbed Hope from Jake and took her upstairs. I layed her down in her wooden crib and covered her up with a little pink blanket. She quickly closed her eyes and fell asleep. I put on nature sounds for her and just stared at my beautiful baby girl. I never thought being a parent would feel this good.

"She is adorable" Ivan said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at Hope. I nodded.

"She is perfect" I said.

"Just like you" Ivan said making me smile. I don't think life could ever get any better. I married the love of my life and I have a child of my own. Life is perfect.