16.Moment For Life

S I X T E E N

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Ryan Gibson and Jhonni Evens in holy matrimony. Which two lovely young people who prepared their own vow. Ms.Evens."

"I Jhonni Evens a.k.a JoJo-" Everyone chuckled. "Take you Ryan to be my lawfully wedded husband, my bestfriend, and lover. I will promise to love and cherish you death do us part, I am yours and only forever and a day."

"Mr.Gibson."

"I Ryan Gibson take you Jhonni to be my lawfully wedded wife, I will respect you, love you, honor and cherish you rest of my days till death do us apart."

"At this time we will now exchange rings." The Minister announced.

Turning towards Bambi, who was maid of honor, she hand me Ryan's ring.

"The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond,which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is a seal of the vows Ryan and Jhonni have made to one another. May she and he, who give them, and who wear these rings, live together in unity, love and happiness for the rest of their lives. May the Bride please repeat after me?"

"-I, Jhonni give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed."

Repeating what he said, I then slide the ring onto Ryan's finger. Ryan then repay the action to me.

"With the power vested in me I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride!"

Lifting my veil, without hesitation Ryan attacked my lips.

Wedding Reception

Meet me in the altar in your white dress. We ain't getting no younger, we might as well do it.

"Get it baby!" I hyped Ryan up, dancing with him. "Ayee!"

Ace soon joined him, doing the little shoulder dance. A crowd mostly ladies form around them.

"These thirsty hoes." Bambi mumbled in my ear.

"Stop it!" I laughed.

"Okay we gonna slow it down for you, this one is request dedicated for the bride and groom." The Dj announced, the beat to Slow Jam x Usher came on.

"Move out my way." I got excited pushing Bambi.

"Heifer!"

Everyone cleared the floor as I made way over to Ryan.

I was all alone. I was feeling rather low. I needed someone to lift my spirits up. So I dropped in on a dance..

Ryan and I dance in the middle of the floor, while singing to each other.

"Why y'all can't dance like a normal couple?!" Mama yelled making everyone in the room laugh

"We not normal!" Ryan and I said in unison.

"Dance right!" Mama demanded.

"She so mean, can't make no one dance a certain way cause she want them to." Ryan laughed grabbing my hand.

"Right, it's our wedding." I slow dance with him.

"I'll whoop both y'all on y'all wedding keep talkin'!"

"Shhh." We told each other still dancing, trying not to laugh.

"Y'know this our song now?" Ryan hands slide down to my lower back.

"Boy you better bring them hands back up!!" Mama yelled.

"This is gold okay?" I laughed.

"No this is embarrassing." He turned red.

"Our grandkids going to know about this day."

After the song was over we sat down to eat.

"Baby take my shoes off." I held my foot up. Chuckling Ryan took my heels off, rubbing my feet.

"Changed the last name and already got me doing things I never do." He started singing.

"Stop."

"I'm sprung!" I covered his mouth.

"Alright! Alrighty!" Ace tapped a fork against his drinking glass.

Everyone in the venue became quite, give him the attention he sought out.

"I said I wasn't gonna cry doing this." Ace sound emotional.

"This nigga." I mumbled. "All I wanna do is eat."

"Shut up I gotta do the best man toast."

"No you don't have to, you just chose to."

"You wanna fight?" Ace put his glass down.

"You messing up your toast bruh bruh." I smirked. "They waiting."

"Seven o'clock." He held up his fist.

"I'll be there." I assured him.