29.Dignity

T W E N T Y - N I N E

J H O N N I

"You ight?" Ryan massaged my feet while I laid on the sofa.

"Yea. Are you okay?" I genuinely was worried about him.

"Mhmm." He kept his eyes on the t.v, nodding his head.

I knew he was lying, which is what he have been doing a lot lately.

"Why you keep lying to me?" I exhaled a little annoyed.

"What you talkin' bout?"

"You keep lyin' to me." I sat up. "For what?"

"I-"

"Don't." Shook my head, cutting him of from the lie he was about to state. "And don't say to protect my feelings, miss me with that."

"Well that's what it is."

"You can't spare my feelings from things I already have knowledge on."

Ryan looked as if he was debating with himself to tell me whatever he was about to say.

"I been selling again." He mumbled.

"I know." I said not surprise at all.

"What you mean you know?" As always he haled a straight face not showing any expression.

"I know, like I know you're kind of broke right now." Ryan frowned his eyebrows together. "And I know they trynna take the house too."

"I fucked up man." He rubbed his hand down his face.

"And that's okay."

"No! It's not." He raised his voice.

"Yes it is." I straddled him, cupping his face with one hand. "We didn't need that big ass house anyway. I got lost going to the kitchen half the time and you know that's an important place." Ryan smacked his teeth chuckling. "I'm just saying." I giggled, shrugged my shoulders. "You need to put your pride a side and let whoever trynna buy the house have it."

"No man." Ryan sighed.

"Yes, I know you put your money and time into that, but you fighting for something that don't matter. Cause our new house gonna be much, and Imma make sure you can find your way around."

"Let it go bruh!" Ryan threw his head back laughing.

"No because I got lost going to my favorite place." I laughed with him.

"Someone keep fuckin' with us." Ryan changed the subject back. "Nobody wanna see us be great."

"But y'know what baby? No matter how many times they try pushing us down, we come back harder and better than ever."

"You right." Ryan lean his head back up."I know for a fact this shit an inside job."

"Y'know what when we find this muthafucka imma go off. You ever seen a pregnant lady go off?!" Ryan shook his head no laughing once more. "Well you gonna see it that day!" I rolled my eyes, folding my arms across my chest.

"Why can't you never be serious?"

"I do be serious, y'all just take my life as a joke."

Next Day

"Look at my babies." Justice reached out to touch my stomach, as I sat down at our table.

"I'm not even showing-yet." I got a little excited thinking about the journey that about happening.

"I can't wait for our child to get here."

"Not our child sis." I laughed, pulling out my binder.

"Yea and Baby Star my child too." She referred to Bambi's kid.

"That is not my Goddaughter name." I giggled.

"Yes it is."

"Imma let you be great okay."

"Thank you."  Justice smiled.

"  Justice smiled