Chapter 1

Ikuto's pov -childhood
I held Yori close against myself, trying to keep her from crying, comforting her silently. I was praying to every god that exists for them not to find us. Yori was trembling and so was I. I looked down and saw a shadow stop right in front of our hiding place. The door opened and revealed a girl. She looked no older than we were, but she was one of them. Yori was shaking, almost crying. I comforted her, but I don't know how to hunt yet. I'm not skilled enough to make it out alive. I looked up at the girl again. This time, I noticed the details. She was indeed beautiful, and it's almost unbelievable that she's a monster too.

"Do what you want with me, just leave my sister alone," I said quietly. She glanced at the two of us. I pushed Yori behind me. I'm not going to die without a fight. "Amu, did you find their children?!" She turned away, the voice catching her attention, them she looked back at us for a moment, probably pondering which one of us should die first. "Amu? Can you hear me?!" The girl stood up quietly and gracefully. "They're gone. Let's head back," she looked at us one more time, and the moonlight hit her face, and I saw her eyes clearly. Her eyes were ice cold. Her eyes look so lonely and lost. She closed the door and I listened to her walk away. The house was silent. I opened the door a crack, and peeked out. I opened the door wider and climbed out. Yori climbed out right after me.

"Mama and Papa are dead?" I nodded. "Don't worry. We'll be okay. I'll take care of you." She nodded.

12 years later

I stared at the ceiling of my room. I sighed and looked over to my sister's side of the room. I've neglected to clean her stuff. It makes me feel less alone. Even though she's dead too. She died 2 years ago on her hunting trip while I was on my own hunting trip.

I got up and walked to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. "Ikuto Nya?" I smiled at Yoru and cooked us up 2 fish. I set down the plates and Yoru dove right in. I smiled and only ate half of mine. "Better hurry or you'll be late for school Nya." I nodded and went to go change.

"I came back down to find Kukai raiding my fridge. But he wasn't alone. He was with a girl. A girl who looked way too much like that damn vampire who killed my parents. "Kukai nii, you're being ru- ah!" I ran up to her and held a gun to her neck.

"How did you find me?" She looked scared. Almost so scared I almost believe her. "I don't know what you're talking about." Tsk. I turned off the safety. "Last chance," I say. "Ikuto stop!" Kukai pulled her away from me. "Calm down. She's with me." I still had my gun pointed at her.

"This is Ami. She's my sister." I sighed and put the gun away. "She and Amu, her twin just moved from our home in Kyoto and came here to Seiyo." Well, this is awkward. "Don't mind him. Something happened to him is all." She nodded and I apologized.

"It's okay. If it was Amu nee chan then your head would be rolling on the floor by now." Brutal. "Anyway let's go." I nodded and we left the house. I locked the door behind me.

Amu's Pov
I sat in a tree just outside the house Kukai and Ami walked into. I would have gone too but I wasn't invited in. Kukai was invited and Ami is human. Strange though. We're twins and I got the vampire gene.

I was going to jump down, but if he attacked someone who looked a lot like me, who knows what he'll pull on me. The real me. I followed them but not too close. Once they got to school, I followed, but instead, I went to the library.

"Be careful around Ikuto." I stopped in my tracks as Utau stepped out of her hiding place. "I plan to stay far away. I'm the one who slaughtered his parents and sister." I say. She patted my shoulder. "It's going to be okay." I nodded.

Kukai's Pov
"You never told me you had sisters." Damn. Maybe I should have just said I only have one sister. "Yeah well, you never asked," I say. "It would have been nice to know. You knew I had a sister." I didn't say anything. "Our sisters are polar opposites." I began.

"Yori was a sweet girl who saw no evil in the world. Ami is the same, but Amu is the evil in the world. If the wrong people cross her path, it's all over for them." I say. The bell rang and people started to come in.

Ikuto's Pov
"Settle down now. We have 2 new students. Please come in." Once the two entered the room, the room felt cold. "Hello. I'm Hinamori Ami. Nice to meet you." Kukai wasn't kidding. She is cheerful. Maybe too cheerful. "Hinamori Amu." She seems cold and ruthless.

"Please take a seat anywhere that's empty." Ami sat in front of me while Amu sat with Utau on the other side of the classroom. I would have figured they'd wanna sit together.

During class, I had my suspicions about the other twin. She was to complete opposite from her sister who was a ray of sunshine. As soon as she entered the room, the room was cold. Could she be a vampire? Only one way to find out.

After class, I followed her around. It seemed like she was just letting her mind and body wander. She suddenly stopped. "I know you're there. I'm not playing games." How did she finger out I was following her? I was about to step out when suddenly, 5 or 6 people jumped out of trees and came out of shadow areas.

"Are you a hunter? You reek of human but also carry a sweet vampire smell."

Amu's Pov
"Well, that's rude. Asking a lady if she's a hero or a monster. Rest assure. I'm no hero nor monster. It all depends on who I'm talking to." My eyes glowed red. I was careful though. I knew Kukai's friend was also following me. My back was to him so he couldn't see my eyes glow red.

"Hinamori Amu doesn't look that tough. I don't know why so many races fear you." I lifted up my skirt where I had a dagger strapped to my thigh. "I'll have you know, I can take you on. Easy. Without using any of my real potentials." I grinned.

Kukai's Pov
Utau and I were out looking for Amu. "That sister of yours sure is bold." I grinned. "That best friend of yours sure is wicked," Utau smirked. "She's amazing isn't she?" I nodded. I stopped when I saw Ikuto. I pointed at him. "What's he doing?" I shrugged and we both ran up to him. The first thing I saw was Amu fighting off a small coven alone.

"Should we help her?" I crossed my arms. "She'll be fine. She's a hunter. Kinda." I say watching. "Yeah, a vampire hunter hunter." I glared at Utau. "He doesn't know that." She just shrugged. "We shouldn't be using mind link right now. Amu can hear us." I say.

Amu glanced out way throwing mental daggers at me. "Damn right I can hear you now shut up!" I gulped. "What's wrong Kukai?" Utau asked sweetly. She knows damn well what's wrong. Not too long after, Amu has killed the whole coven.

Utau and I walked out and I motioned Ikuto to stay where he was. "That was impressive. A whole small coven." Amu dusted herself off. "Too easy." She says. Utau had her arms crossed.

"Ikuto is still watching us," Utau says. "Get rid of him." I nodded. "Well, I'll see you at home." Amu nodded and I went to Ikuto in hope that I can get rid of him. "Ikuto my dear friend, wanna grab a bite?" He nodded hesitantly and we made our way to the cafeteria.