Chapter 31

Amu's Pov

I opened my eyes, and it felt like my head was spinning around and round. Once I sat up, it was even worse. The room seemed like it was going 80 kilometers per hour around my head, and the worst part, it felt like something was pounding my head on purpose. Like a car hitting another car at full speed. A recipe for a car accident. It was annoying.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. Something didn't feel right. I have a bad feeling about today. I went into my closet and got dressed in my school uniform. I went downstairs and everyone was waiting for me. I grabbed a blood bag and checked on Hana before leaving. I knocked on her door and opened it slightly to see her still sleeping.

I closed the door and smiled. Good. She's calmed down. It must have been uncomfortable sleeping down in the dungeon. It's freezing down there. Not that it would have affected her. Her body is already stone cold due to the fact that our bodies are dead so to speak. 

Once we got to school, my headache came back and I groaned. "What's wrong?" Utau asked coming up behind me and I leaned against the wall. "My head hurts. I have a bad feeling about today." I said. "Should I tell the others?" Kukai asked and I nodded. "Everyone but Ami," I said and they both nodded and took out their phones. "I got the girls, you get the guys," Utau said.

That's right. We're in the 21st century. Things aren't what they used to be. Things are more complicated now. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Why does she look like she lost the last bit of life she had in her?" I opened my eyes and was face to face with Ikuto. "What do you want?" I asked coldly. "My shoes. You must really want to see me." Huh? "You're leaning on his locker," Utau said.

I kicked myself off the lockers and moved over for Ikuto to change his shoes. Once he opened it, letter after letter fell out of his locker. I looked over and Kukai looked over his shoulder. "Again? It's only Tuesday." Again? "What about you?" Utau asked and I looked at her. "What about me?" I asked and she pointed at my locker. "Your locker is about to pop open. maybe it's time you open it." 

I looked at Utau, then m eyes found their way to Ikuto and I quickly looked away, avoiding his gaze. "I don't wanna open it. There might be a dead rat it there." I said and Utau laughed. "Why a dead rat?" Ikuto asked and Kukai chuckled. "It's what cats do to show people affection. She's not fond of affection. Has no idea what it is." I rolled my eyes. 

"As if you're one to talk," I said and Kukai grabbed Utau. "I'm sorry, which one of us out of all four of us are in a relationship? Me and Utau, that's who." I rolled my eyes. "If you roll your eyes anymore, they might decide to stay back there one day." I shrugged. "Better than watching you two every day," I said and started heading to class. 

I was about to walk into class when I got pulled into another classroom. My vision cleared but it was still a bit too dark to see anything. I ran a hand through my hair and I saw a body shape standing in front of me. From the smell, I knew who it was and I groaned. "Don't scare me like that. I thought I was being kidnapped." I said sitting at the table. I looked around. 

"You pulled me into the science lab?" I asked and he stepped closer to me and had both his hands on opposite sides of me and standing deathly close to me. I cleared my throat. I couldn't find words to say. What do I say? He touched my face, and his hands are hot. "Your freezing." He said in a husky voice. "When am I not?" I asked and he stood close to me.

"I miss you." I didn't say anything. Just bit my lip. His left hand stroked my cheek and his right hand brought me closer to him, and he kissed me. I didn't fight him.  don't understand why I didn't fight him, I just didn't. I didn't feel like there was a need to fight him on this. I just let him be. He bit my lip and pushed himself away and I looked at him in a way I've never looked at anyone before. My body wants one thing, but my mind knows it'll never work.

He pulled me in a hug and held me tightly. "I can't breath," I said hugging him back loosely. "If I don't hold you tightly, you might run off and I'll be missing you for a long time again," I said nothing. Everything I'm doing I'm doing for them. For my sister, my friends, my brother, my clan, for Ikuto. Everything I do, I do for them. 

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. "Don't go anymore. Just for today, stay here with me." I nodded and rested my head on him, my body feeling limb. Whenever I'm around him, I'm calm. I'm careless. I'm not me. I gripped on his shirt, and he ran his hand through my hair. "How scared are you of losing me?" I asked. "I don't even wanna think about it," I said nothing.

"I won't let Yori touch you." I froze. I looked up at him and he stroked my cheek. "She won't get to lay a finger on you," I said nothing and looked away. I laid my head on him and listened to his heartbeat. Something I'll never have. Never have I felt what a heartbeat felt like. Sure I've heard it before, but I never cared for them. This one, I care about. 

The bell rang and I looked up at Ikuto. "We're gonna be late," I said and he just shrugged. "I don't wanna moe just yet." I sighed and just stayed there. He wasn't moving anytime soon. Eventually, he felt like moving and we went to class, and surprise, surprise, we had to stand in the hall for being late.

Utau gave me one of her lovely-dovey looks and I glared at her, but that didn't stop her from giving me those looks. Once we were out in the hallway, I leaned against the wall sighing heavily. Ikuto grabbed my hand and I looked over at him. "Guys aren't supposed to be the romantic type, you know." I said in a teasing tone and he just held my hand tighter. "they are for the right girl."

We stood close together, and Ikuto held my hand tighter. That's when it hit me. He really is fearful that I'm going to leave one day. I looked down at my feet, still leaning against the wall, Ikuto still holding my hand, my mind still not knowing what to do. Does he know I won't be the one leaving him? In fact, he'll be the one leaving me.