Chapter 16

Amu's Pov

I ran into our house with Ami and Kukai. Ami was asleep on Kukai's back and Kukai was careful not to wake up our little sister. Right as we entered the house, I felt a cold child. The next moment, I looked around us, and everyone was dead. I looked at Kukai and he ran out with Ami on his back, trying his best not to wake her up. 

I looked around. Everyone was dead. I tried waking one of them up, but they rolled over and bled out. "Utau!" I screamed using our mind link. I waited. Nothing. Please don't tell me who or whatever did this got Utau too. 

I inched closer to the room mama and papa are always in. I felt arms wrap around me and cover my mouth. "Not a word," That voice. I looked up at Utau. "Only use mind link. They can't hear us when we use our mind link." I nodded. "Who else is alive?" I asked. "Not a lot of us. Where are Kukai and Ami?" Utau asked as we hid in the corner by the chair. 

This whole mansion is dark so it would almost be impossible to see us instantly. "The masters ordered everyone to protect each other. Stay put." I was still young. Utau was in charge of me. A babysitter if you will. She's 500 years older than me, but she was not a vampire when she was born. She was human. She was food.

At first, I hated her, but then she started to grow on me. She's like my big sister. I heard Yaya scream. One of our new generations. I looked at Utau. "Stay here. I'll be back." I nodded and Utau raced to wherever Yaya could be. I could hear mama's voice. Without a second thought, I ran into the room. Mama and papa were bleeding. I ran over and cried in mama's arms.

"Mama? Are you okay?" I asked touching the blood flowing from her body. I heard something. I turned around and there stood 2 humans. But that's not the worst part. They were hunters. "Amu, listen to mama." I looked at her. She took my hands and looked at me. Her eyes made me sad. It pained me to look into her eyes. 

"You have to run this clan now. Take care of everyone." Why me? Mama started to close her eyes. Struggling to keep them open. "Mama? Wake up. Mama, you can't sleep now. Ami wanted you to sing her to sleep. She made us come home early because she wants to hear you sing. Mama, please wake up." I started crying. 

I heard footsteps. I looked at the hunters. Their guns were pointing at me. "No!" I looked at Papa. I ran to him. He was in better shape than mama, but it was still bad shape. "Papa," He held me close. "She's one of you. She's a monster that should not be allowed to live." I held onto papa tightly. 

"She's just a child. She's not even drinking yet." Papa pleaded. "No matter. She doesn't belong here." I cried. Everyone is dying. "Lights out," I heard a gunfire, but I felt no pain. I opened my eyes. Papa was standing in front of me. I gasped. Papa fell back beside me. "Hurry, pretend you're dead." I could hear papa. I quickly closed my eyes. I can't move a muscle. 

One came over and pushed me only my back. "She looks dead, but just to be safe," I felt a sharp pain near my heart. He must have missed. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell. "Let's go. The rest have already fled," I heard the door close. I waited a few minutes before opening my eyes. I pulled out the wood in my chest and groaned.

I looked around the room. I saw it better this time. This time, I was actually looking. I felt my heart sink. My home. We were covered I blood from head to toe. I could feel my rage. Those two hunters will die at my hands, even if it's the last thing I ever do, I will kill them and everything and everyone they ever loved, and I'll enjoy it. 

I opened my eyes and looked around me. I was outside. In a tree. I jumped down and ran a hand through my hair. That was one hell of a nightmare. I looked up at the sky. That's right. Tonight is hunting night. I'm in Tokyo, not Kyoto. My parents are dead, and the ones who killed my parents are dead. 

I started walking back to the mansion. Once I reached home, everyone was waiting for me. Utau, Kukai, the twins, Yaya and Rima. "About time," Rima said with her arms crossed. "We were getting worried," Nadeshiko said smiling. "But we know you can take care of yourself," Utau said smiling. I walked up to them. Up to Utau. 

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I do like him, and I don't want to admit it because of what his parents did to mine." She nodded. "But he's not his parents and I'm not mine. But I'm still not ready to admit it." I said. "What I am ready for is supporting my family," I said looking at my family. "We are the Hinamori clan," I started. "And we stick together." Kukai finished.

"We'll protect our family. We are the only ones who survived back then. We'll be together forever." Yaya jumped on me and I caught her. "We're all together. We're apart of the inner circle. Yaya will do her best." I smiled and ruffled Yaya's hair. 

I had my arm out. "Hinamori," I said. "Hoshina," I smiled at Utau. "Yuiki," Yaya said putting her hand over Utaus hand. "Sanjou," I smiled. "Fujisaki," Nadeshiko and Nagihiko said together. "Masahiro," I looked at Kukai. "Hinamori." We threw our hands in the air. "Hinamori clan!" We all shouted together.

"We are a family. No one gets left behind. If you dare try to tell me to run, I'll run, but I'm dragging your asses with me." We all laughed. "This is funny," Rima says. "What is?" I asked. "500 years ago, we were the ones who took care of Amu. Now she takes care of us. All of us." Rima says. "Yeah, even Yaya is older." I rolled my eyes. 

"I get it, I'm the youngest in this here closed circle, but I know how to run a clan, and when you're apart of the undead, age is but a pointless number," I said and they all nodded. "All right, let's get hunting," I said and we all took off in our own directions.